‘Adnun is a mysterious and perplexing individual. He keeps himself shrouded at all times and only his completely white eyes are ever visible. While this would normally imply blindness, he moves and reacts to stimuli normally. Caution and purpose control his every movement as if he believes each step can change the course of what unfolds around him.
‘Adnun was born to a dying mother and barely survived childbirth. A troubled boy beset by visions and physical maladies, he escaped the streets as a teenager when he was taken in by a scholar. Learning from this astrologer seemed to remedy his symptoms. It was not until the observatory was burned down in the name of religion that his visions returned. ‘Adnun escaped the fire, having had a vision of it the previous night, only to be embraced. A new world opened up to him, and his focus on knowledge halted his mental maladies, his physical ones having been cured by the embrace. ‘Adnun devoured everything there was to know about vampiric kind and quickly turned to its mythology. Leaving his Sire, who could not keep up with his appetite for knowledge, he struck out on his own. For a time, his focus lay on understanding the vampiric curse and Golconda. Periodically, his visions return, though few know what they are about. However, rumor says each one has caused ‘Adnun to change course in some great way. Despite the Blood Curse levied on his clan by the Tremere and the outrage his childer felt because of it, ‘Adnun approached the Camarilla for membership, but was turned away by the Justicariate. Largely disappearing from society afterwards, he was occasionally seen in courts around the world giving counsel to a Prince or Elder. It was not until Tegyrius joined the Camarilla that ‘Adnun was acknowledged.
‘Adnun has become a loyal member of the Camarilla, following Tegyrius into the Sect. Most don’t understand his motives, but he is a respected Seer and an Oracle. His predictions are rarely grand in scale, so few can speak in detail of their voracity; those who do swear upon his Sight.
Time Frame for Embraces:
- 1 CE to 1300 CE
- 1 CE to 1300 CE
- PC Sects/Factions: Any, though most are now Camarilla.
- Path: Any, though Path of Blood is unlikely.
- Skills: Childer must have Occult at 3 or higher.
- Merits: ‘Adnun embraced others who bear the Sight or display other unique talents. His children must possess either the Medium or Oracular Ability merits.
- Special: Childer are rarely emotional and are more often logical and introspective.
- Special: ‘Adnun’s chief fear is the rise of Hunters. His lineage is deeply devoted to preserving the Masquerade. None of his childer will break it willingly.