ALISTAIR JAMES BECKWORTH
Alistair had been spotted very rarely in Europe a bit during the Renaissance, and a tad bit before, yet his actual origin is a bit of a mystery. Sometime around the 17th century he made his last appearances in the Old World, and suddenly was discovered in the Americas around the time Austin founded. Kindred made their way to the area and just discovered him already here and quite comfortable. Nobody is quite sure how he got here.
He has remained fairly sect agnostic, and has had to deal with the Anarchs, Sabbat, and Camarilla all at various times in the history of Austin. He seems open and willing to help most people who ask, for a fee. Mostly, he is known for hosting social events that turn out to be small, intimate affairs. He usually invites the tastemakers of the Kindred community, and the social elite. He does make a habit of incorporating the Ancilla and Neonates who prove interesting, in order to keep the conversations fresh. Younger Kindred often attempt to take advantage of this, for it is a rare chance to hobnob above their station, and often with the direct attention of many at one time. The best way to discuss something with a busy Prince is often at his table.
(At this point, ties are a matter of being in the right place at the right time. Feel free to let me know if you think there is a reason we should tie. I'll see if it fits.)
- He has copies of all his most valued books hidden across the Austin area.
- It seems his name, or a prior alias, can be found on the original land titles for a majority of Central Texas.
- DON'T offend him at tea. It is hard to know what will offend him but don't do it, regardless.
- He's really a pair of twins, but nobody ever knows which one they're talking to.
- Actually, he's 100% an alien from another world - just ask him!
- A powerful magic item was present at the Founder's Day Ball, until witnesses say he flat out ate the occult energies it contained.
- He's been playing the Camarilla against the Sabbat since the day both appeared in Texas.
(feel free to add to the rumor mill)
- "So he is very proficient at helping someone disappear and giving new identities, problem is that sometimes the identity he helps to make is already taken." - Johnathan "Johnny" Sinclair
- "Gi ham respekt. Han handler om myter og det fantastiske." - Olaf
- "Elder Beckworth demands above all, etiquette and proper presentation. I cut my teeth on exactly that - so we get along well. The car rides to and from court always prove educational. I know he's a Kiasyd - though I have no idea what the hell that means. Probably for the better." - Simon Flint
- "It's got a lot of really, really, REALLY old books, and I don't even think it knows what all is in there." - Turmoil
- "Alistair is something else. He doesn't exactly demand respect, but damned if he doesn't get it anyway." - Keith Campbell
- " I've run across his kind a few times in my life, I have never known any of them to be as polite and conversational as him. I look forward to getting to know him. " - Bjorn Olafson
- "All he wants to do is just be left alone. If you do bug him, just make it interesting." - Payback
- "I heard he's a dangerous type, but I just don't see it." - Lillian Chandler
- "Proof that no matter how long you live, there are still mysteries in the world. Elder Beckworth appears fully aware of how dangerous being the curiosity is; one wonders how he's managed to survive this long without the safety of the Ivory Tower." - Liam Kincaid
- "Not the type of creature I expected to find in the wasteland that is Texas. I wonder if he will continue to carve out his territory in a den of scavengers or if they will devour him. Or worse, convert him." - Zână
- "It has been several centuries since I had the opportunity to enjoy the hospitality of one of his blood; impeccable manners and grace. Pleasant kindred and extremely knowledgable on a variety of topics. If one has the chance to make an ally of Elder Beckworth, they would be fool not to do so." - Simon Kensington
- "He is an amazing friend to my lineage. I have never had one unpleasant interaction with him. He's as shady as I, and even more beautiful. I look forward to all of the enchanting conversations we have yet to have." - Julian Motgomery-Westwood
- "He knows we don't drink tea, right?" - Clint
- "Even after so many centuries I find something new at the founders day celebration. A new friend maybe. Even more he told me my friend Vox is still alive." Maciek Albescu
- "Yeah, my boyfriend is super hot. He lets me follow him around and check him out. I love watching him shut people down. I got to hug him once. I def haven't been with someone like him before!" - Britney Daye
- "Englishmen that enjoy a proper cuppa are entirely too rare in these modern nights. All I can hope is that he enjoys the tea I have grown and mixed for him." - Rhiannon Byrd
- "Gawd like omg, doesn't like he know like being goth is like so done? Like, I don't get like why he thinks the white skin thing is like a thing. What? Like what do you mean that's like his skin? Like wtf is a Kiaysd?!" - Karma
- "The more I know of him the less I understand. All I know for sure is he's an arrogant bibliophile so it sounds like we should have quite a bit in common despite our superficial differences." - Xavier Langston
- "I had no idea drinking tea was so involved. There's so many rules. Usually I don't like rules, but its kind of like a game." - Britney Daye
- "A fascinating creature, socially and academically." - Roman
- "Alistair is a fascinating Kindred, and an unlikely friend, but most certainly a good one. I find myself fortunate to have crossed paths with him in my youth; I sometimes do think the certain love of books I have is largely due to his influence..." - Seamus Montague
- "He usually only gives me information in the form of vague clues or riddles. I think he just enjoys watching me figure it out, or maybe I'm the only one who plays his game." - Jonny Toxic
- "A wealth of knowledge. I feel already as if we of Clan Assamite are the stone that will stand beside this gold of collected lore and history, and endure." - Gabriel
- "Others have said that I bore him. That he could not escape my conversation quickly enough. I missed this completely, and I do not think I have gotten so senile in my old age. Perhaps I have. But if not, this tells me that others are possessive of him or he is a very good actor. I am hoping that others are simply possessive of him because skilled actors make for dangerously cunning vampires." - Irma Kardos
- "Mr. Beckworth is an old friend, from a very lonely time in my existence. Seeing yet another lonely time on the horizon only makes me more grateful that he endures." - Ezra of the Vanguard
- "The secrets you must hold... One who speaks for the elves... They are yours to keep, and yours to hint at. If the tales are true, one would do well not to anger this one." - Sarah Celeste Ashwood
- "Such a revelation it was, on my first discussion with him, to realize that the source of my most burning anger from the past twenty years, turned out to be one of the most powerful assets granted to me. Thank you, Mr. Beckworth. Fate willing, we will meet again." - Thaddeus Moreau
(add your quote)
Player: Kyle Henderson
MES Number: US2014050070
City: Austin, TX
Chronicle: 2017 Camarilla/Anarch/Independent
Storyteller: Nick Kice