Alternative Names: The Oracle, Grandmother
Notable Traits: On a Path, Eerie Presence: pupil-less milky-white eyes.
City: Athens, GA
Title: Priest, Keeper of a Sacred Text
Pack: The Crucible
Apparent Age: Late Twenties
Actual Age: ???
Hair: Long, straight, black
Eyes: Milky-White as if she is blind
Very few kindred remain from the time of Astraea's earliest days and none currently will testify on exactly where she came from. Rumors abound that, by her own word, Astraea was one of the Oracles of Delphi and was embraced because her visions gave her access to the mysteries of the Abyss. Regardless, after what was apparently a long torpor, Astraea arose from Delphi and traveled eastern Europe northwards to Scandinavia and back, finally settling in the Byzantine.
During the Anarch Revolt Astraea was very active and there are rumors that she took part in some of the Anarchs' most iconic battles. Ever since the formation of the Sabbat Astraea has been an active and visible leader, coordinating multiple packs into campaigns against the Ivory Tower. Having settled in America in the early 1800s and driven out of Atlanta after the failed siege of that city, Astraea now is found within the Diocese of Athens, Georgia.
Sabbat Lore: The former Archbishop of Athens, Georgia from 2014-2018. Known to have organized and coordinated several Crusades in both Europe and America. Notably the blitz of Eastern Europe a century after the founding of the Sabbat, and the Siege of Atlanta.
Lasombra Lore: Took part in the attack on the Castle of Shadows and was there when the Antediluvian was diablerized. Patron of the Lightless Path of Night. Known childe of Mysancta
Abyss Lore: One of the oldest and foremost Abyss Mystics still active today. Led the the Children of the Abyss in a ritual that led to the destruction of the 'entity' inside the Abyss.
Tzimisce lore: Has allowed herself to be used as a living art piece by the Zhupan Constantin Odobleja on several occasions.
- Astraea spends the majority of her time outside of esbats in shadow form.
- She was once the Oracle of Delphi.
- She has killed many students in the past for not living up to her expectations.
- Astrea has had a deep, abiding love of a Tower Loyal Brujah for so long that any others fall short of her expectations.
- She plans on sieging Atlanta the moment the Blood Accords end.
- Astraea used a blood boon to force the entire Camarilla domain of Atlanta to protect her for a night by leveraging it over their Prince.
- The Archbishop used that same night to scandal the Prince and destabilize their praxis.
- Is fiercely hated among a number of former shoveheads in the Anarchs and Camarilla.
- "She's firm but fair. I wouldn't be half the Cainite I am now without her, she knows that. And she also knows she can count on my help the instant she asks for it." - Kelly Pythia
- "I once loved Astrea, and perhaps I still do...but now I love the memory of the woman I knew, not the monster she has become." - Mila Rurik
- "I met Archbishop Astraea once... she is... darkness incarnate. She is the beginning, she is the end, she is death, she is life, she is an old Lasombra in every detail, her plots run deeper and darker than anything you or I could ever dream of... and that scares, it really scares me." - Sebastian
- "Pretty sure grandma wants my soul, and she's smooth enough to get it." - Mordechai
- "You fucks think I'm scary. That my momentary loss of control means a god damn thing when compared to her. Of course I'm afraid of things like her. You haven't met her" - Marshall ZIl
- "She is one of the few whose knowledge of the void surpasses my own; shame she has not yet seen the true terrors we must fight..." - Roman
- "Grandmother taught me that becoming a true Lasombra requires many trials by fire. The irony of that sticks with me, as do her lessons." - Montana Solano
- "If I have the choice, I will keep a room of people between us. That being said, should the Archbishop request my attention, she will have it." - Hannah Phillips
- "She seems rather normal to me. I wonder what all the fuss is about." - Millie White
- "Courteous enough to apologize to a whore like me. If that ain't a classy monster, I don't know what is." - Adrian LeBlanc
- "Teacher Astraea is everything she seems and more. She's fucking terrifying the way only the dark can be; utterly and completely." Jacob Tyler
- "Fuck that creepy shadow bitch." - Juniper Durham
- "Rumors of Astraea do her little justice in matters of the Abyss, or anything else." - Diego Vega
- "I hate the fact that Grandmonster knows which buttons to push, and that she isn't the sort of monster I imagined she would be.." - Senna Solano
- "Astraea exudes power from her very soul, she feels both intimidating and enchanting. If upon meeting her one is inspired to reflect on their actions and intentions, like I was, the Sabbat will surely be mighty." - Mariposa
- "Lady Astraea, I've known her for quite sometime. She and my great great grandsire are packmates. I was happy to be able to paint such an amazing woman! Her facial structure is as if they were handcrafted by Greek Sculptors themselves!" - Emilia Odobleja
- "An eloquent and admirable Cainite. She and Vox made a potentially catastrophic situation with the Loyalists into a moment the Dark Father would truly be proud of. " - Marcela
- "Astraea left an impression on me. She is intimidating and stunning, and I hope to be able to work with her, and prove my worth."- Valerie Evans
- "She stood over the crowds at the Synod, and I was honored to have her at my side. Grandmother is everything I hope to be in service to Caine as the years go on. May I be as poised and intimidating when and if I am as old."- Abel
- "What I would give to see burn what you have seen burn. Even their screams must have been like a beautiful symphony." - Raven Tempestarii
- "She surprised me. She could have done what I would have expected, she could have given favor to one that always has it but never earned it. She chose to be Right, and that is a harder path than many will ever know." - Gabriel Thompson
- "Do the Shadows whisper what the Moon shouts at me?" - Verkenner
- "The darkness can be fascinating, but you have to stop for a moment and ask yourself what is it hiding." - Tiziano Farnese
- "Getting to know her still, but she is already very much someone I strive to impress and satisfy with my own conduct." - Giulia
- "She's smart, but ain't got that typical ego that goes with it. Best o' both, AND she's one o' them Seer tahps. That's lahk winnin' the lottery." - Billy Bob
Inspiration & Influences
- Kiryuin Satsuki, Kill la Kill
- O-Ren Ishii, Kill Bill
- Dio Brando, Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure
- Mary I of England
- Elizabeth I of England
- The Pythia
- Character Theme: Dangerous by Son Lux
Player: Jeanne Ingram
Player Email: Email Me
Sabbat VST Email: VST Email
Location: Atlanta Domain GA-010-D
This character is a 6th Generation PC Head of a lineage. Contact me at my email for ties, membership in the lineage, etc!