Avery Michel Latimer
Publicly Known Information
Name: Avery Michel Latimer
Sire: Charles Valois
Children: Charlotte Valois, Erasma Cirino, and Madeline Durand (Deceased)
Grandchildren: Emilienne Lafontaine, Cryil, Emry Wandsworth, Gertrude, and Ximena Martinez (Deceased)
Born into minor English nobility in the 14th Century, Avery has openly stated that he was rescued from obscurity by his Sire, Charles Valois. His poetry challenging the order of nature and God earned him his place in House Valois, famed for promoting social change and resisting cultural stagnation. Over the centuries, he would branch out into all matters of literature and philosophy, and it is there that he continued the mission of his family. Avery is nomadic by nature, and he has spent nearly all of his life in various European Kindred courts, until his vicious tongue and poisoned pen earned him enough ire that he would find another playground. He had a poor reputation in the Camarilla for openly following a Path (which one he would not disclose), though he has recently put that Path aside. In the mid 1990s, he joined the American Court in DC and has spent the last two decades returning to Humanity.
(OOC: Avery could have spent time in nearly any European Court, so if anyone wishes historic ties, feel free to send me an email.)
About His Personality
Avery is not the easiest Kindred in the world, and he has earned his reputation for causing trouble. In the past, he has delighted in flaunting social norms and encouraging those close to him to follow suit. Close friendships and love affairs with him tend to be intense, but brief, or with long decades of gaps in between. Though he has never served as a Harpy, he cannot help but use his ability with language to comment on the events within his current Domain, even though his words are not given credence by that lofty position in the Camarilla.
- He has collected and called in so many life boons that many Kindred are afraid to owe him anything at all.
- His cold demeanor masks the heart of a true romantic, but he lost his true love a long time ago and has not been moved since.
- He is a monster.
- Feel free to leave a rumor.
So they say...
- "Elder Avery gave me the most beautiful of evenings by the water of the Mediterranean, reflecting on the empires of old and the empires of the future." - Lilli
- "Like any Toreador, he is beautiful, charming, and graceful. But beware the elder he has become - his cold eyes do not lie." -Yana Teplova
- "Elder Latimer is, quite simply, a credit to his blood. I look forward to being able to work with him in the future." -Elijah Zacheaus
- "I was all set to offer him a boon for putting the fear of god into the children, but he went so hard that Vivi and Kyle got back together again. It's a wash." - Dottie Youngblood
- "Avery's...intense? He's always been nice to me and I appreciate that, I really do. I just--he's intense, okay?" - Kyle
- Add a quote
Player: Mark Hill
Player Email: email@example.com
Storyteller: Clint Hauser
Storyteller Email: firstname.lastname@example.org