"I'm as real as you, sister. Maybe more real. At least I'm honest about who and what I am.
When's the last time you really took a long look at yourself in the mirror? You might scare yourself more than you'd expect."
Commonly Known Information
Names: Bas Vander Linden, "The Assistant"
Notable Traits: Known to accompany The Iron Mask, an Elder of Clan Malkavian.
Social Class: Ancilla
Public Timeline (Known to all PCs as appropriate based on the events and dates in question)
1957: Bas Vander Linden is introduced to the Camarilla court of Houston, Texas. The Malkavian known as “The Iron Mask” presents him, claiming that Bas serves as his assistant. Whispers among the attendees indicated that Bas seemed to be watching them closely.
1960: The Iron Mask is chosen to serve as Houston's Seneschal, by word of Prince Gerard. Bas Vander Linden later announces that he will remain in The Iron Mask's service as his assistant.
2010: Helmut, colloquially referred to as “The Man in the Iron Mask”, or simply “The Iron Mask” is recognized as an Elder of the Camarilla after three centuries of active existence as a Kindred of the Camarilla. Bas Vander Linden, however, is merely an Ancilla, having been active for 53 years in Kindred society. As such, The Iron Mask announces that Neonates and other Kindred who are not Confirmed within the Camarilla may approach and speak with Bas Vander Linden in order to arrange an introduction to prominent members of the court and/or sect.
2012: The Iron Mask, Elder of Clan Malkavian, attends and participates in The Chicago Blood Accord. His assistant Bas Vander Linden is also in attendance, always at his side.
- Bas Vander Linden is actually The Iron Mask's childe, and serves as his assistant out of genuine reverence for his sire.
- A number of boons are owed to Bas Vander Linden by prominent and influential Kindred outside the Camarilla.
- The Iron Mask's assistant is a very sturdy fellow. He was shot once in defense of his employer and seemed none the worse for wear, apart from the hole in his suit coat.
- Your Rumor Here
- "He can't possibly need you every minute of the night. When do you get off?" - Lucrezia Giovanni di Calderari
- "Mr. Vander Linden is a sensitive soul and some scents aggravate his hayfever. A considerate lady should moderate her perfume choices accordingly. From personal observation, amber-based scents seem to be acceptable." - Olivia Collins
- "I feel so much better about Brother Mask's safety knowing that his faithful Assistant is always by his side." - Reverend Gideon Haven
- "Oh, Mr. Bas Vander Linden is quite interesting. I'm very happy to have had the chance to converse with him." - Patience Benette
- "Bas has all of the understanding of a log, though he does, on occasion speak Truth." - Basir
Player: Sam Bashline
Player Email: Sam B.
Storyteller: Sid Banerjee
Storyteller Email: Houston VST
Location: Houston, TX