Elder Brancaleone Transmundus, or simply Branca or Bran Leone, is a churlish information broker, a vicious politician, and a demanding but protective mentor.
He is known to be tight-lipped about his history, but it is public knowledge that he was one of Nosferatu's represenatives at the Treaty of Tyre, and acted as the Sheriff of Paris in the first century of Elder Prince François Villon's reign.
It is said that he has been presumed destroyed a dozen times over the centuries, each time returning whole and unharmed—to the disappointment of those who were happy to see the spymaster destroyed.
Having recently resurfaced after a century and a half since his last public sighting, one has to wonder: where has Elder Leone been, and why has he chosen to return now?
- Elder Branca's reappearance at the same time that there has been an increase in art thefts / museum crime in the city is not coincidence.
- "Fugue in G minor," Domencio Scarlatti
- "4'33"," John Cage
- "Last Midnight," Into the Woods
- Havelock Vetinari, Discworld
- Luciano Anatolius, The Lies of Locke Lamora
- Simon Illyan, Vorkosigan Saga