From Mind's Eye Society 2017 Wiki
A thirty-year old blonde woman, with glasses. Brenda typically wears a dress. She favors a slightly 70s aesthetic, but nothing that is so out-of-date that it would seem odd as she walked down the street. She usually wears her hair pulled back with two barrettes – a signature look from her headshots as an aspiring teen actress.
She often has occult books or tools on her person.
She has an unnerving habit of focusing on -- or even speaking to -- spaces where there is nothing of apparent interest.
The air around her is always distinctly colder than any other place in the room.
Lineage: House Isharu 
Apparent age: About 30
Place of birth: Pacific Northwest
Date of birth: 1961
Date of embrace: 1991
Brenda is an *acknowledged* member of the Camarilla.
She is *confirmed* to be Ancilla.
She is *favored* by Elder Kha ibn Hafaz Al-Basir .
She is considered *victorious* for winning a symbel at Longest Night's Ball.
She is considered *courteous* by Elder Greybeard the All-High .
She is considered *acclaimed* by Prince Silence Weaver of Seattle .
She is considered *loyal* by Primogen Desarae Preaue de Avignon .
The information in the timeline below is likely only known to those who have spoken to her about her background, or to someone else familiar with her, but is not considered secret.
- 1961: Born in the suburbs of Everett, Washington. A middle class family. Her father worked at Boeing. Her mother was a homemaker. Her parents didn’t understand her. Her need to perform. To be an actress.
- 1977-1978: She ran away when she was 16 to pursue that dream, making her way to Seattle in search of auditions and fame.
- 1979-1989: Her big break! She is cast in an indie film as the main character. A high school girl exploring a haunted house. Hunger House. They broke into an abandoned house in the woods to save on filming costs. This proved to be a terrible mistake. There must have been at least one real vampire involved, since she has mentioned she was made a ghoul at this time. But she will rarely say more than that.
- 1989-1990: A group of Anarchs who were part of the Barony of the Shattered Tree, under Baron de la Torre, kill her regnant and free her. A Malkavian psychiatrist who will later become her sire (Dr. Peter Barrett , a Knight of the Moon) takes her in as a patient in his residential treatment facility in south Seattle, in this period. A part of his herd.
- 1991-1994: She is embraced by Dr. Peter. They remain in the Barony of the Shattered Tree, where her sire is a committed Anarch, but she is known to be unaligned.
- 1994-1995: First trip on her own. She travels to the greater Atlanta area, to an Anarch-controlled region, and meets up with Tavvie  and Rory . She hires an Anarch Toreador who was in the area at the time - Carmina Ganivet - to be her bodyguard. In this period, she also meets Phoenix , who helps her with her identity paperwork.
- 1996-1997: She travels to San Diego. She gets to know Leon .
- 1997-2006: She meets Torben Fray in San Diego, and hires him to be her bodyguard. They end up traveling together, on and off, for much of the period 1997-2006.
- 2000: She travels to Arizona. She gets to know Jonah Murphy.
- 2001: She visits her grandsire Huld  in Norway.
- 2002-2003: Open.
- 2004: A bad year. There is a week that comes to be called the Week of Madness when many Malkavians are gripped by an intense psychosis, and killed as their behavior becomes erratic or violent. She avoided permanent injury, but does not talk about this time. It is known that she first joined the Camarilla later in this year, and seemed to find its structure and stability comforting. It is also known that her sire died this year.
- 2004: Separated from bodyguard Torben Fray when the Week of Madness hits. She is not entirely sure what happens during that week, but she finds herself in Utah.
- 2004-2006: She befriends Primogen Claire Rosseau in Utah who becomes her mentor into the Camarilla. Brenda joins the Camarilla in 2004.
- 2007: She returns to Pacific Northwest, and to the Camarilla court of Seattle. She meets Seneschal Tsinna , and assists with investigating local matters. She also meets Desarea Preaue de Avignon . She partners, in her occult investigations, with Aleister and Muriel, who are also in the city at this time.
- 2008: She drifts out to Tri-Cities to spend more time with her extended family, including Tannesh .
- 2009: She travels to Cleveland; meets Valora 
- 2010-2011: Open
- Early 2012: She visits her grandsire Huld  in Illinois. She first meets Elder Edwardus at this time, also.
- Late 2012: She travels to Arkansas. She meets Ludovic Petion . She has a particularly horrific brush with the supernatural. Cold horror grips her. (She has Eerie Presence from this point forward.)
- 2013: She runs off for a lengthy vacation in the Caribbean to try to feel warm again (though the air will always be much colder around her.) Out to Santa Domingo, DR. She meets Amir Isfahani Aurelius .
- Early 2014: She is on her way back from Santa Domingo, DR, and visits Tampa, FL on the way back to the states, before driving on to Boston. She meets Stella  briefly.
- 2014-2015: Brenda is in Boston. She meets Elder Kha ibn Hafaz Al-Basir, Brujah Primogen of Boston 
- 2016: Open
- 2017: In Reno. She meets Milo Henderson there, and he becomes her bodyguard while she is in the Reno area.
- Early 2018: She reaches out to contacts in the Seattle area, referencing a plan to re-locate there. She is in Santa Domingo, DR in July. She sees Amir Isfahani Aurelius and Phoenix again, while visiting.
- Mid 2018: On the way back to the states, she lingers in Tampa, Florida with her friend Stella Vengrel . She is there from August to November, though she visits Seattle several times during this period to work on relocation logistics. A helpful transportation expert – Basil Willemstad  – assists with transporting her things.
- November 2018: She arrives in Seattle, WA.
- December 2018: Longest Night’s Ball. Ludovic  is there. She visits Stella  and her family, including Jericho Gunn  and Royce Kingston. She visits her great-uncle Susurrus  in New York at the end of the month.
- January 2019: She visits Boston, where she meets with Elder Kha ibn Hafaz Al-Basir , and with Malkavian Primogen Angela Aspinwall .
- For someone who doesn’t always seem like she can even tell what’s real around her, she doesn’t miss much. Maybe it’s an act?
- I heard her say a strong Ivory Tower was best. Because monsters need cages with strong walls. And then she joined.
- Her sire was an Anarch. She was unaligned for years. I wouldn’t count on her to be loyal to anything for very long. Useful if your area has a case of the supernatural shenanigans. Genuinely committed to a cause? Not so much.
- Do you have some bit of occult lore for sale? This woman will buy anything, however unlikely to be valid or useful. Though I heard she is a little tight on cash lately, which is a real loss to grifters everywhere. That must have been some purchase.
- Do you know the horror movie where the not very threatening looking white girl somehow lives at the end? Yeah. If she’s being nice to you, it’s because you look strong, and one night she’ll climb over your dismembered corpse on her way to freedom and the end credits.
- [Insert more rumors here. Feel free to add one to my page.]
- [Insert more rumors here. Feel free to add one to my page.]
Quotes About Her:
(Add your PC's quotes here.)
- "Brenda is no doubt at once one of my more gifted students, and one of my most troubled. What she sees each night might drive any other Kindred beyond madness. Then again... ." - Kha ibn Hafaz Al-Basir
- "Cunning and thorough, and she has a good heart for what is right and wrong. I would gladly work with her again. Most importantly, however, she is a good friend of mine." - Phoenix
- "Very reliable, would work for her again." - Mary Kilian
- "Wily this one. But the most useful ones often are." - Tsinna
- "A Kindred after my own heart, from castle to catwalk." - Valora Cadenza
- "Brenda has yet to become all that she can be, but she has time and opportunity to grow. She is another from whom I expect great things, in time." - Tannesh
- "She's going places. But those places are probably going to be on fire." - Ethan Allistar
- "Brenda is a dear friend and capable kindred whose presence in my requiem I cherish. Despite our political differences, I have never thought of us as anything but in these Modern Nights together, and hope to see her continue to enrich the night with her brilliant smile and sharp intellect through her scholarly endeavors." - Cattaveria Salvatore
- "Cousin Brenda is so courteous. I had forgotten how much I enjoyed intelligent conversation with other Kindred. A shame I am surrounded by idiots, now that she's gone." - Noah Bauer
- "She dove straight into investigation of the infernal and retained a polite and cheerful demeanor. This is how I knew she was insane." - Natalya Zabirov
- “I've been asked countless times, 'Why are you drawn to horror films? Why do you think women are drawn to horror films?' And it's because, in a way, it's one of the few genres that tells it like it is. A lot of times, women do feel like they're running for their lives somehow.” – Karyn Kusama
- “Monsters are real, and ghosts are real too. They live inside us, and sometimes they win.” – Stephen King
- “Most of the women I like have a haunted quality – they’re sort of like women who live in a haunted house all by themselves.” – John Malkovich
- P.J. Stoles (pictured above), and other 70s scream queens
- The Haunting of Hill House (Netflix)
 – Spooky by Dusty Springfield
 – Black Magic Woman by Santana
 – Superstition by Stevie Wonder
 – Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest
 – Evil Woman by Electric Light Orchestra
 – Ghost Riders in the Sky by Johnny Cash
Pinterest Board - character inspiration / costuming / themes
[Brenda's Pinterest Board]
Player: Kathy Empson
Player Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Storyteller: Aaron Gomez
Storyteller Email: email@example.com