Shadow Name: Brighid Kildare (pronounced 'breedj')
Brighid is a gorgeous young woman in her late 20s, about 5'6" tall with blue-grey eyes and long, curly blonde hair. She wears hippie-style clothes in bright colours, and pale foundation with bright eyeshadows, lipsticks, and rouges that make her look like a porcelain doll.
Bright and cheerful, Brighid is an eternal optimist who believes in hope no matter what she's going through. A quick wit and sharp tongue that's as likely to be turned on herself as anyone else, she gets along with an odd assortment of people, making people laugh at her ridiculousness within a breath of them having eyerolled at her sunny optimism.
Born and raised on a cattle farm near Wellington, New Zealand, Brighid is a third generation hippie chick and SCA nerd, and one of the youngest Laurels in the NZ SCA's history. She has both a Bachelor's and Master's of Music, and has built a career as one of NZ's leading fantasy folk musicians.
She Awakened while still at university, joining fellow free spirits in the Free Council, and fought in the Ten Second War in 2012, where, due to both the War and the psychic backlash immediately afterwards, she was the lone survivor of her cabal. She joined with other survivors to form New Zealand's Compact, and has been a strong proponent of it ever since.
- Born in Makara, New Zealand, the youngest of three children.
- Starts school at Wā Ora Montessori School in Lower Hutt.
- Starts performing her own music at SCA events.
- Starts a Bachelor of Music at Te Kōkī School of Music in Wellington.
- Begins performing at venues around Wellington.
- Becomes a Laurel in the SCA.
- Awakens as a Thyrsus.
- Starts a Masters of Music at Te Kōkī School of Music.
- Fights in the Ten Second War, where she loses half her cabal.
- The other half of her cabal, plus her Sleepwalker sister, end up comatose due to the war's psychic backlash.
- Is one of the original signatories to the New Zealand Compace.
- Begins performing at Club Elyzia in Wellington.
- Becomes the Director of Wellington.
- "There is only one way to truly lose, and that is to give up hope."
OOC: Feel free to add
- "Brighid is a lovely and talented individual. She always manages to brighten up a room one way or another, her performances are astounding and she's a delight to talk to." - Malzmei
- "Grumpy? Who says I'm grumpy?" - Temujin
- "Who says you aren't?" - Brighid
OOC: Feel free to add
- Brighid is an honorary member of the Silver Horde and answers to Dab-Ur.
- Is sleeping with Temujin.
- People get drunk off of just kissing her.
- Anduin Wrynn
- Blue Lanterns
- Captain America
- Carrot Ironfoundersson
- Celtic Woman
- The Doctor
- Heather Dale
- Luke Skywalker
- Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan)
- Sailor Moon
- Awakening, Celtic Woman
- A flicker of a flame breaks through the dark, Burning soft and bright, Dancing with the light
- Dancing Towards Disaster, The Hunting of the Snark
- Forget the risks we are taking, Let it rain, let it hail, let it snow; We could be wrong all along but at least if we keep on we soon will know
- Evacuate, Miracle of Sound
- But don’t you hide behind the curtains, In the wings. Step out into the lights and let ‘em hear you sing
- Fires At Midnight, Blackmore's Night
- Sparks fly as the fires burn at midnight, Stars are out and magic is here
- Friends, Miracle of Sound
- For Grumpy Wolf - Lookin' at all we’ve lost, All the pain that livin’ hard can bring. When we are together, yeah, we can take on anyone, anything
- Genghis Khan, Miike Snow
- From Grumpy Wolf
- If You're Going to San Francisco, Scott McKenzie
- There's a whole generation with a new explanation
- Imagine, John Lennon
- Imagine all the people living life in peace. You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one
- One of Us, Heather Dale
- I think about examples: how you act, and what you dare. 'Cause you never know who's watching or how far that story goes
- One World, Celtic Woman
- We're all a part of one world, We all can share the same dream
- Rebel, Inquillery
- I was told that dragons were creatures from which to hide, but in my head I knew that all those claws and flames were mine
- Renaissance Faire, Blackmore's Night
- Hear the minstrels play their tunes, They will play the whole night through, Special songs for me and for you, And anyone whose heart is true
- Rise, Inquillery
- My soul lies in shards, but I wasn't made to fall apart
- Sake of the Song, Blackmore's Night
- Could you ever be just for the sake of being? Could a melody ever be wrong? Could you ever sing just for the sake of singing? Set your spirit free for the sake of the song
- Shut Up and Smile, Bowling for Soup
- All we need's a harmony and we'll convince the world to sing...Throw your arms around someone, Maybe spread a little love
- Smile, Celtic Woman
- Light up your face with gladness, Hide every trace of sadness, Although a tear may be ever so near, That's the time you must keep on trying, Smile, what's the use of crying
- Someday, Celtic Woman
- There are some days, dark and bitter, Seems we haven't got a prayer, But a prayer for something better, Is the one thing we all share
- Take It Back, Miracle of Sound
- And when the world it starts to burn, At the point of no return, Keep a hold of your conviction, Tear out the affliction, And before the world turns black, Stand up and take it back
- Threes, Mercedes Lackey and Julia Ecklar
- Three things never anger or you will not live for long, A wolf with cubs, A man with power, And a women's sense of wrong
- The Voice, Celtic Woman
- I am the voice of the past that will always be filled with my sorrow and blood in my fields, I am the voice of the future, bring me your peace, Bring me your peace, and my wounds, they will heal
- You're the Voice, John Farnham
- This time, we know we all can stand together with the power to be powerful, Believing we can make it better
Out of Character
- Whatever! ^_^
Best viewed with the Sylfaen font.