We provoke a shark every time we enter the water where sharks happen to be, for we forget:
The ocean is not our territory
Rokea are Weresharks, have a vehement dislike of Humanity and most of the other Dirtwalkers. Shark species have existed for over 400 million years. Exactly how long there have been Rokea in existence is anyone's guess but they claim to be the first children born, even long before the need of Man's form.
Species of Sharks
There are around 500 known species of sharks. While there are many species of shark that make up the Rokea populous, only the kind that must keep moving to breathe can make up the Rokea population.
These include but are not limited to: Tiger Sharks, Bull Sharks, Greenland Sharks, Mako Sharks, Black Tip Sharks, Thresher Sharks, Hammerhead Sharks, and Great White Sharks.
Leviathans of the Rokea
Fury of the Sea
There are currently 3 known camps that Rokea may be a part of, each with their own goal and agenda in mind. While those within the Betweeners Camp may be likely to interact with those of the UnSea, some still remain wary or aggressive. Interact at your own risk.
White Death (Non-Heroic or Legendary)
Songs of the Rokea Dimwaters
Stories and Lore hold a special place with the Kunspawn of the Sea.
- The Tale of The Rokea Fight at Puerto Rico’s Shard Seed Planting - Sung and Send by Abyssal Lullaby
- Great Pacific Grotto Protection - Sung and Send by Abyssal Lullaby
- Oceanic Periphery Recovery - Sung and Send by Abyssal Lullaby
- The Death of He Who Does Not Swim - Sung and Send by Abyssal Lullaby
- Tales from the Deep: The Song of the Sunken City - Sung and Send by Hang's Ten
- The Tale of Priscilla - Story by Jonathan Lucas
- The Rise of the Undying - Story by Sings in the Abyss of the Open Sea, Dimwater
- The Calling Seas and Dancing in the Twilight Waves - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- The Prank on an Old Kitsune's Heart - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- Periphery of the Grotto of Burning Waters - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- Tempering the Fires of Rage - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- Legends of the Beasts of Deep - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- Mold Control - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- Surf and Turf - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- Bolstering the Weakest Link - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- The Messenger Spirits - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- Sleep With Me - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves on the Surface, Dimwater
- To Swim the Shallows - Story by Dances in the Twilight Waves in the Shallows, Dimwater
- Our Fallen, Our Duty, Redeem the Irredeemable - Report and Poem by Dances in the Twilight Waves in the Shallows, Dimwater
- Pending new story (Add here)
Events Known to the Garou Nation
- 2011 - Lifting of the Ban.
- August 2016 - Rokea assist at the Seed Planting of San Juan, PR.
- June 2017 - Rokea recover the husk of a dead Grotto.
- December 2018 - Periphery of the Grotto of Burning Waters recovered.
- February 2019 - Razortooth, the Undying becomes Voice of the UnSea.
- November 2019 - It is revealed an Unborn Rokea awakens.
- March 2020 - Rokea gather in the waters of Puerto Rico and assist in attacking a Hive.
- June 2020 - Orion is recovered and delivered to Sea of Balm's Blood. He is consumed by Sin Eater.
- Post 20-year jump
- 2026 - Tensions grow between the Unsea Rokea and Sea dwelling Rokea.
- Atlantis disappears
- 2028 - Ornery Squamus is revealed to be a traitor after investigations. Battle of Sleeping Dead happens near New Zealand, where Ornery flees. He is hunted by a small group of Rokea ever since.
- 2034 - Dances in the Twilight Waves had predicted the release of the sleeping terrors should the icecaps melt, the Rokea all join in the fight to defeat the monsters at the Battle of Broken Dreams.
Quote: "The storm is never gone, it only changes in form, and this too we must navigate, or perish." - Atlantis, before vanishing
Major changes during time jump (20 years):
- The widespread effects of the extinction event are not only felt on land, leading to many of the Rokea who had been aiding Unsea to return to their home and try to work towards finding ways to repair the damage that had been done. They do not return alone, accompanied by new Gurahl allies and the totem spirit of Salmon.
- As so many life forms die off in Unsea the Rokea turn to traveling to once forgotten places, deeper than most had ever traveled. In one such place they find the totem of Leviathan, who brings about a need for more aggressive responses to Qyrl and its many minions. Those under the leadership of Ornery Squamus see Leviathan as a great spirit worth listening to, and follow its direction in pursuing the agents of Qyrl.
- Early in the year 2026 Arguments/tension grew between Rokea of Sea and returners from Unsea. The efforts of many Rokea to try and repair the damage done by Ornery Squamous are put at risk. By the end of the year 2028, after the disappearance of Atlantis, it is seen that Onery has no plan to ever work towards Unity, and never did. This leads to an investigation of his long time betrayal and hatred finding him to be an agent of Qyrl. A massive battle is fought forty miles off the shore of New Zealand. Ornery Squamus survives, fleeing.
- With the betrayal of Onery Squamus the remaining years are used to form a bond in the Rokea, aided by the nurturing nature of the Gurahl those under Salmon find a way to present wisdom, and a need to heal the land, while those under the Banner of Leviathan turn to cleaning out Qyrl’s presence front he deepest parts of the ocean, to the shorelines of the many continents.
Current perspective on the world: The land has long to go before it is healed, but their efforts have given them the time they need to make the difference. For now, we must turn our attention to the waters of the world, to keep in check the old sleeping things, and to deal with our own issues. This does not mean we are not watching the land, and offering aid from those who are willing to walk on land.
Most impactful moment of the last 20 years: Atlantis missing, Ornery Squamus a betrayer, and Elissa leading those under Salmon puts the Rokea in a prime position for new leadership, many talk of what are the best traits for the new leader, trying to embody all the effort they have grown, time passes, and now with the dawning of a new age when things are most calm it opens the floor for them to truly bring forward what their new identity is, and discuss who should be the leadership of this new age for Rokea.
Status of Tribal Document NPCs:
- Ornery Squamus: Alive, Missing
- After the Battle of Sleeping Dead, Onery Squamus fled the field while fellow agents of Qyrl covered the escape. Believed to have fallen to Qyrl, Ornery Squamus does not follow the typical fallen of a Balefire Shark, but something new and alien. Fear of his return looms on many, children grow hearing stories of Ornery Squamus turning him into a boogie manlike entity that is blamed for misfortune and ill tidings.
- Elissa Bloodsong: Alive
- Currently trying to return to Sea with new allies and the aid of Salmon. At this time it is mostly tense arguments and standoffs with Ornery Squamus.
- Atlantis: Missing
- One day they were gone. Know one has been able to make contact or knows any details. This vanishing could not have come at a worst time as Atlantis was the leading presence that could get Elissa and Ornery to talk calmly with one another.
| Angus McShaine
|| Ocean Research
|| Houston, Tx
| Kaja "Al" Jourgensen
|| Port O'Connor, TX
Rokea Breed Settings Document
All Fera Breed Settings Document