Category:Apocalypse / Sept / Grand Rapids, MI
Information Known by the Garou Nation
Name: Sept of Ancient Hope - Formerly the Sept of Standing Stones
Sept Location: PJ Hoffmaster State Park (35 miles northwest of Grand Rapids)
The Sept of Standing Stones has always been a Sept of traditions, almost stubbornly so. When other Septs realized that they could no longer stand idle in the face of the Age of Apocalypse, the Sept of Standing Stones remained as they ever do: they stood in place, unwavering, sticking to their beliefs to the point when the final battles came and went, they remained standing – but not whole. When Caerns began to fall victim to the Gnostic Plague, the Sept of Standing Stones was among the first to fade away.
Morale decimated, those that survived the sieges laid by the Dark Brigade became bitterly distrustful of one another. The divisions within the Nation that followed with the creation of the Concordat of Stars and the Sanctum of Gaia drove an even greater wedge as Sept-mates began to cast blame upon one another for the loss of the Caern.
It was only when Harmony “Spins-the-Wheel” Mason, Councilor of the Children of Gaia, brought forth the words speaking of hope to the recovery of Caern Seeds that Standing Stone began to put aside their mistrust and begin to renew their covenant with Gaia. However, old rivalries and bitterness don’t disappear overnight. Can the Sept of Standing Stones find a way to put aside their differences? What of the rumors of ghosts from a Sept that predated Standing Stones? How they can reconcile holding fast to traditions in a rapidly changing world?
Age of Man
- 2000 Years Ago – The Hopewell Culture of indigenous peoples (of Uktena and Wendigo stock) begin to settle the Great Lakes region in what would become modern Western Michigan. They are the forefathers of the Pottawatomi and Ottawa (Odawa) tribes.
Age of Sorrow
- 1600s – The Uktena and Wendigo among the Ottawa tribes move into the Grand Rapids area and begin to settle along the Grand River, known to them as “O-wash-ta-nong” or “Far-Away-Waters”. From the stones that stand in the river, the Garou population formerly establish the Sept of Standing Stones.
Age of the Storm
- 1800-1826 – European settlers began pushing westward. French missionaries, fur traders, Jesuits and traders and start to build homesteads to bring the land along the river to heel. At this time, Fianna, Get of Fenris, Iron Riders (Glass Walkers) begin to migrate into the area.
- 1826 – The City of Grand Rapids, Michigan is founded by Louis Campau. Relations between American and European settlers and the natives are amicable and based largely on trade. The Sept of Standing Stones grows to close to three dozen Garou, with a handful of Fera - nominally Corax and Ratkin.
- 1890 – The Rite of the Still Skies impacted Grand Rapids as it impacted the Nation.
Age of the Weaver
- 1900s – Immigration to the Grand Rapids area begins to increase, and the City on the River begins to flourish as manufacturing really begins to take off - especially furniture and steel work. And with the increase of technology, Weaver-spirits begin to grow in influence.
- 1985 – Bragi Anker of the Get of Fenris is born in Grand Rapids, MI
- 1996 – Sylvi Anker, the younger sister of Bragi, is born in Grand Rapids, MI
Age of Apocalypse
- 2003–2006 – Battle of the Still Waters [GL Regional Victory Event, more info forthcoming]
- 2009 – A Corax by the name of Pims McCarthy washed up on the shores of the Grand River in 2006. He seldomly makes his presence known other than the occasional raven feather in Whisky Jacks grove until 2009 when he begins interacting more with the Sept for mutual benefit.
- 2009 – The Stalemate at Lambert’s Landing [GL Regional Failure Event, more info forthcoming]
- 2009 – Sept of Standing Stones is hit by the Gnostic Plague, causing the Caern and its totem – Whisky Jack – to slowly fade away into nothingness.
- 2009 – The Dark Brigade make a strike against the struggling Sept of Standing Stones in an attempt to destroy a Caern and take a victory for the Wyrm. 30% of the Sept’s population is decimated despite the best efforts of all Garou and Fera who fought shoulder to shoulder.
- 2014 – A Nuwisha by the name of William “Fell Through the Cracks” Edwards begins frequenting the Sept of Standing Stones, offering to be an Umbral “Tour Guide” of sorts.
- 2015 – Dezha Orlova finds Garrett Walsh in a camp of homeless, taking him under her wing as he goes through his first change.
- 2016 – The All-Gaian Rejects - a pack which consisted of most of the Sept’s Leadership - is betrayed by one of its own and all but one perished.
- 2017 – Jordan Morningkill takes the mantle of Sept Alpha of Standing Stones.
- 2018 - A Caern Seed is successfully planted, and the Sept of Ancient Hope is created and dedicated to Mammoth.
- 2018 – Peter "Fights in Armani" Church defeats Jordan Morningkill in honorable challenge, claiming the office of Sept Alpha for himself.
|Benedict Altermann||2 - Fostern||Get of Fenris||Ahroun||Homid|
|Carmen "Burns with the Embers" Nichols||2 - Fostern||Black Fury||Ragabash||Homid|
|Charlie "Kegstands for Gaia" Riley||4 - Athro||Fianna||Ragabash||Homid||Heart's Reclamation||Eldest Ragabash/Fool|
|Chokes the Cry||2 - Fostern||Red Talon||Theurge||Metis||Heart's Reclamation|
|Conor "Sharp-Tooth" Smith||3 - Adren||Fianna||Theurge||Metis|
|Dinah "Moonshine" Hardin||2 - Fostern||Bone Gnawer||Galliard||Homid||Exalts the Heart||Talesinger|
|Emily “Gaia's Hope” Reynolds||3 - Adren||Stargazer||Theurge||Homid||B-Team||Mistress of the Rite|
|Einar "Holds the Line" Hjetland||4 - Athro||Get of Fenris||Ahroun||Lupus||Exalts the Heart|
|Eva Morris||2 - Fostern||Ananasi||Ragabash||Arachnid|
|William "Fell Through the Cracks" Edwards||2 - Fostern||Nuwisha||Ragabash||Homid|
|Flynn Harrison||2 - Fostern||Silent Strider||Galliard||Homid||Heart's Reclamation|
|Hank Harrison||2 - Fostern||Child of Gaia||Theurge||Homid|
|Hank Jones||2 - Fostern||Glass Walker||Galliard||Homid||Heart's Reclamation||None|
|Hiro Matsumoto||2 - Fostern||Kitsune||Philodox||Homid||Heart's Reclamation|
|Jab||3 - Adren||Rokea||Ahroun||Squamous|
|Jeremy "Runs-Red" Swanson||2 - Fostern||Get of Fenris||Ragabash||Metis||Knight's Angels|
|Jordan "Straight-to-the-Heart" Morningkill||4 - Athro||Silver Fang||Ahroun||Homid||Heart's Reclamation||Sept Alpha|
|Ken "Rolling Thunder" Ishikawa||4 - Athro||Stargazer||Ahroun||Homid||Wyrmfoe|
|Ma'at "Two Truths" Patterson||3 - Adren||Silent Strider||Philodox||Homid|
|Nadezhda "Morena's Lament" Orlova||2 - Fostern||Silver Fang||Galliard||Homid||Talons of Veles|
|Peter "Fights in Armani" Church||3 - Adren||Shadow Lord||Philodox||Homid||Work in Progress|
|Rory||2- Fostern||Child of Gaia||Theurge||Lupus||Exalts the Heart|
|Seijin||4 - Athro||Kitsune||Doshi||Shinjin|
|Seth||3 - Adren||Stargazer||Ahroun||?|
|Shiela Willows||?||Child of Gaia||Ragabash||Homid||Heart's Reclamation|
|Siegfried "Fool's-Bait" Strom||4 - Athro||Get of Fenris||Theurge||Homid||Fangs of Morning Frost|
|Solomon Savage||1 - Cliath||?||Philodox||Homid||Work in Progress|
|Tyler "Wields the City" Payne||3 - Adren||Glasswalker||Galliard||Homid||Work in Progress|
|Victor Garren||3 - Adren||Silver Fang||Ahroun||Homid||Talons of Veles|
|Willy Running||2 - Fostern||Child of Gaia||Theurge||Homid|
|Romeo||3 - Adren||Ratkin||Warrior||Homid|
|Corbin White||1 - Cliath||Corax||Ragabash||Homid|
|Lindy "Stalks the Answer"||?||Uktena||Theurge||Homid||Work in Progress|
|Michael Fionn||2 - Fostern||Fianna||Galliard||Metis|
|Orla "Smiles like a Devil" Rowan||2 - Fostern||Fianna||Ragabash||Homid||Work in Progress|
|Sam Bowden||2 - Fostern||Black Fury||Arhoun||Homid||None||None|
|Victor Dakan||2 - Fostern||Shadow Lord||Ahroun||Homid|
Former Sept Members
|Dwayne "Ankle Shanker" Porter||?||Bone Gnawer||Ahroun||?||Work in Progress|
|Gwrtheyrn Morningkill||2 - Fostern||Silver Fang||Philodox||Lupus|
|Sirus, Basks in Gore||4 - Athro||Bone Gnawer||Ahroun||Lupus||Work in Progress|
- RUMOR HERE.
- RUMOR HERE.
- RUMOR HERE.
Region: Great Lakes
Location: Grand Rapids, MI
VST: Matthew Howes
Pages in category "Apocalypse / Sept / Grand Rapids, MI"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.