Category:Apocalypse / Sept / Matagorda Island, TX
Bastion Rating: 1
Caern Level: 0
Totem Rating: 0
Location: Matagorda Island
The Matagorda Island WMA consists of 56,688 acres of offshore barrier island and bayside marshes which is privately owned by Bruce Lamnidae.
The island is 38 miles long and varies in width from less than a mile to about four and a half miles. The island supports a wide variety of migratory birds, some 19 state or federally listed threatened or endangered species, a large herd of white-tailed deer, alligators and other wildlife. A lighthouse dating from 1852 still stands at the north end of the island. Matagorda Island is known for its seclusion and untouched natural beauty.
- The island was purchased by Bruce Lamnidae, known as Razortooth, for private ownership.
- The island is Veil Safe.
- There is no concession, drinking water on the island and limited electricity from the Lighthouse. All visitors are required to bring all necessary supplies with them.
- The surrounding waters of the Island are now a Shark Sanctuary.
- Island access is done by boat, there are boats ran by local kinfolk (NPCs) to drop visitors off at the island.
- All interior access is via hiking.
- Bastion Lands (Click Here)
| Apex of Light's Keep|
|Razortooth, the Undying|
Master of the Rite
| Carrion Crowe
||VACANT||VACANT|| Sings in the Abyss (NPC)
| Light Keeper
|| Den Parent
|| Master of the Challenge |
| Helaku Gonzalez, Hides In Plain Sight (NPC)
Guardians: Red Tides, Sings in the Abyss, Ghost Eyes
Light's Keep Traditions
- Any who pass through and seek to enter the Bawn proper shall pass through a Circle of Gaia's Cleansing.
- The Light's Keep Forge, named in unity and support of the local Bastion, is accessible to all who arrive in peace and need not be a member of the local Bastion.
- Only Fera are permitted to enter Tempest's Realm without the need of invitation. The only exception for Garou is if Tempest invites or pulls them into his realm.
Light's Keep Laws
So Henceforth this is the Law of the Land and Sea decreed by the Apex of the Last Bastion of Light’s Keep
- Follow your people’s litany without endangering the Light’s Keep territory, Spirit Allies, or Members of the Last Bastion of Light’s Keep. As set by Razortooth, Apex of the Light's Keep 01/11/2019
- Survival is paramount, do not throw away your lives in combat that cannot be won. Retreat is not cowardice. We are unable to protect what we hold dear as corpses. As set by Razortooth, Apex of the Light's Keep 01/11/2019
Litany Interprtation of the Truthcatcher (8/17/2019):
- Garou Shall Not Mate With Garou – This stands, but the wording is specific. “Garou”. Not “Gaians”, nor “Garou and Fera”, just “Garou”. I catch two Garou at it, I’ll deem it a breach. Otherwise, I don’t have an issue.
- Combat the Wyrm Wherever It Dwells and Whenever It Breeds – This stands, but combat doesn’t always need to involve violence. If you can combat the Wyrm through use of your influence, or by denying territory gains, then that’ll do. Combating the wyrm is the not only the goal of Tempest but also His Ban. Failing to do so weakens the Incarna. We are sworn to the Sept, we are Sworn to Tempest to keep His lands.
- Respect the Territory of Another – This stands, with the caveat of if you are genuinely unaware that where you are is the territory of another, you’ll be given a warning, and hopefully the owner of the territory will educate you on their borders. The exception being if you’re cornered and have to escape, and the only option is to go through someone’s territory. Those are exceptional circumstances.
- Accept an Honorable Surrender – This stands, it takes a lot to admit you’re wrong and to put your hands up and surrender. If someone holds up their hands and surrenders, admits they’re wrong, accept it and move on.
- Submission to Those of Higher Station – This stands, we use the same system of Rank and positions as the Garou, and we respect that same chain. If someone is of higher Rank or holds a position, they’ve likely earned it, and they know what they’re doing. If you really have an issue, challenge them, or take it to someone who can mediate, preferably the Truthcatcher.
- Respect Those of Lower Station, for All Are of Gaia – This stands, pretty much the same as above, but just be nice to those of lesser station, educate them, help them in their journey, nurture them and help them to excel.
- The First Share of the Kill for Greatest in Station – Open to interpretation largely, this is wolf-like behaviour, and if your Breed is also of a similar mind, then by all means go for it. But if you have less focus on a hierarchy, then this isn’t as necessary. Exception being if the kill has something that is important to your Breed, such as a Klaive, Fetish Weapon, or specific sorts of Fetish, etc. then it will go instead to the highest in station of the Breed in question.
- Ye Shall Not Eat the Flesh of Humans – This stands, for the most part. The exception being is that if it would serve a purpose. And no, that doesn’t extend to stopping you being hungry. If eating the flesh of a human would serve a good purpose, then sure. Otherwise, don’t do it. More than anything else, it’s gross.
- The Veil Shall Not Be Lifted – This stands. No ifs or buts. The Veil is our defence against being hunted to the very last, our protection against extinction. We cannot let humanity know. We work to cover up breaches, and we educate those who do so that they won’t do again. If you’re going to be in a non-human or non-animal form, or you have to shift forms, make extra sure you’re unobserved or securely hidden. And remember we’re in an age where tiny cameras can be hidden just about anywhere.
- Do Not Suffer Thy People to Tend Thy Sickness – This is less important in my view, it’s better to take time out to help someone who is suffering to get through something that is ailing them, than to let them suffer and risk them dying and we lose a soldier, or even worse, risk them falling to the Wyrm. This is a Garou thing, those who suffer shall have help. We have people who can help, who will help. Let them, help us all by admitting when you're not doing well.
- The Leader May Be Challenged at Any Time During Peace – This stands, if you don’t like the way a leader is doing something, challenge them. There’s a system for that, use it.
- The Leader May Not Be Challenged During Wartime – This stands, when War is officially declared, there are far more important things to worry about. Challenges can wait until we’ve gotten through the War declaration.
- Ye Shall Take No Action That Causes a Caern to Be Violated – This stands, the Periphery of the Lighthouse is an Anchor to Tempest and his Realm. When it is weakened, He is Weakened. We have seen the examples of when the Periphery was Broken. Violation of the Periphery will be treated as violation of a Caern.
|Pack Name||Totem||Taxonomy||Life Cycle||Organizational Structure||Alpha||OOC Player Contact|
|Spirit Sentai||Inari Ōkami||Motif||Wayfarers||Theocratic||PENDING||PENDING|
|Depth Seekers||Gulper Eel||Motif||Generational||Wyld||Sings in the Abyss||VST|
|Guardians of the Deep||Sea Serpent||Motif||Wayfarers||Wyld||Razortooth||Any Member|
|Pack Name||Totem||Taxonomy||Life Cycle||Structure||Pack Alpha||IC/OOC Player Contact|
|Name||Fera Breed||Auspice||Birth Breed||Rank||Pack||Bastion Member|
|Razortooth, the Undying||Rokea||Brightwater (Ahroun)||Squamus||(5) Of the Deeps||Guardians of the Deep||Yes|
|Kajika||Gurahl||Uzmati (Ahroun)||Homid||(2) Verden||Guardians of the Deep||Yes|
|Carrion Crowe||Corax||Ragabash||Corvid||(4) Athro||The Brute Squad||Yes|
|Flies Strange Paths||Corax||Ragabash||Breed||(3) Adren||None||Yes|
|Aylin Osman||Bastest||Galliard||Homid||(2) Fostern||None||Yes|
|Sings in the Abyss NPC||Rokea||Dimwater (Galliard)||Homid||(3) In the Open Sea||Depth Seekers||Yes|
|Red Tides NPC||Rokea||Brightwater (Ahroun)||Squamus||(2) In the Shallows||Depth Seekers||Yes|
|Ghost Eyes NPC||Rokea||Darkwater (Theurge)||Squamus||(3) In the Open Sea||Depth Seekers||Yes|
|Whispers with Gaia||Corax||Ragabash||Corvid||(1) Cliath||Spirit Sentai||Yes|
|Helaku Gonzalez, Hides In Plain Sight NPC||Nuwisha||Ragabash||Homid||(3) Adren||Depth Seekers||Yes|
|Tabitha NPC||Bastet||Dawn (Ahroun)||Feline||(0) Cub||None||Yes|
|Braves the Deep||Rokea||Darkwater (Theurge)||Homid||(3) In the Open Sea||Spirit Sentai||Yes|
|Jinger Burnell||Gurahl||Galliard||Homid||(3) Adren||Pack||Pending|
|Marsh Hunter NPC||Mokole||Rising Sun (Ahroun)||Halpatee Suchid||(5) Elder||None||No|
|Dances in the Twilight Waves, the Unborn Awakened||Rokea||Dimwater (Galliard)||Longfins (Homid)||(1) On the Surface||Guardians of the Deep||No|
|Seeker of the Ways||Nuwisha||Ragabash||Homid||(2) Fostern||Guardians of the Deep||Yes|
|Name||Breed Relations||Notes||Pack Association||Bastion Member|
|Enola Gonzalez NPC||Nuwisha||Co-owner of Fisherman's Rest, sister of Helaku and Sokanon, runs the boat ferry between the Rest and the Island||Depth Seekers||Yes|
|Sokanon Gonzalez NPC||Nuwisha||Sister of Enola and Helaku, runs the boat ferry between the Rest and the Island||Depth Seekers||Yes|
|Caleb NPC||Corax||Recently arrived after being given over to the local fera when dealing with the Victoria vampires||None||Bastion Member (Yes or No)|
|Megan Lamnidae NPC||Rokea||Vet-tech and local operate of Lamnidae Tours||Guardians of the Deep||No|
|Trent Lamnidae NPC||Rokea||Operate of Lamnidae Tours||Guardians of the Deep||No|
|Name||Kinfolk Type||Notes||Pack attached to||Bastion Member (Yes or No)|
|Name||Kinfolk Type||Notes||Pack attached to||Bastion Member (Yes or No)|
The Honored Dead or Departed
|Name||Fera Breed||Auspice||Birth Breed||Rank||Date of Passing||Notes|
|Lydia Ambrosia||Ananasi||Wyrsta (Galliard)||Homid||(2) Fostern||None||Retired|
|Soothes the Burn||Kitsune||Doshi (Theurge)||Roko||(4) Athro||4/14/2019||Died in the battle of the Lighthouse Broken lands. Post-humorously promoted to Athro for his hard-work and sacrifice.|
|Erin Murray||Gurahl||Uzmati (Ahroun)||Homid||(2) Verden||--||Retired|
|ICE-BR34KR||Bastet||Twilight (Philodox)||Homid||(2) Fostern||9/22/2019||Retired|
|Peach Blossom||Kitsune||Doshi (Theurge)||Roko||(2) Fostern||10/21/19||Retired|
|Nerida, Song of Waves||Rokea||Dimwater (Galliard)||Squamus||(1) On the Surface||10/21/19||Retired|
|Red Mend||Rokea||Darkwater (Theurge)||Squamus||(3) In the Open Sea||1/12/20||Retired|
|Jeremy Kylinsky||Corax||Ragabash||Breed||(2) Fostern||1/12/20||Retired|
The Banned and Exiled
|Tempest||Incarna||Wyld||Also goes by the name "Captain", he appears as a captain from the mid 1800's. He is the old Caern Totem before the fall, a Hurricane Spirit. He currently patrons the local Fera who have gained his favor and demanded to take back his Lighthouse.|
|The Crew||Jaggling||Tempest||The crew is several spirits dressed in sailor uniforms of the mid 1800's who serve Tempest, the Hurricane Spirit, they can be found near the Island of Matagorda.|
|Gale Winds||Gaffling||Tempest||These are small wind spirits that can act like messengers for shifters on land whom server Tempest and his Crew.|
|Inari Ōkami||Jaggling||Fox||Pack totem of Spirit Sentai. Appears as a young goddess of food, an old man carrying rice, or an androgynous figure of enlightenment.|
|Otto||Jaggling||Kun||Caribbean Reef Octopus, Spirit Pact with Priscilla.|
|Light's Hope||Jaggling||None||Ancestor Spirit, Soothes the Burn now known as Light's Hope, remains behind to continue teaching local Kitsune of the Bastion.|
|Sea Serpent||Jaggling||Wyld||Sea Serpent is an angry and violent Wyld Spirit that patrons the pack Guardians of the Deep. Lurking in the depths of the gulf coast just off the shores of the Bastion, to strike her next targets of unsuspecting victims.|
Shrines & Spirits of the Island
|Blue Crab||Gaffling||Sea||So many crabs, these spirits wonder the shores and towns of the coastal cities.|
|Sand||Gaffling||Sea||The sands of the Umbra are likely made of of these tiny spirits|
|Lightning Whelk||Gaffling||Animal Fathers||Large predatory sea snails. Lightning whelks are unusual in that they have a counterclockwise shell spiral|
|American Alligator||Jaggling||Animal Fathers||It has a long armored body with thick scales or bony plates. It has short, powerful legs and a long, round snout.|
|Western Cottonmouth||Jaggling||Viper||Elliptical pupils that look like cat's eyes and like all pit vipers, has a heat-sensing pit between the nostril and eye on each side of its large, triangular head.|
|Northern Harrier||Gaffling||Sky||Slim, long-tailed hawk gliding low over a marsh or grassland, holding its wings in a V-shape and sporting a white patch at the base of its tail. Up close it has an owlish face that helps it hear mice and voles beneath the vegetation.|
|White-faced Ibis||Gaffling||Sky||Long, down-curved bill with long dark legs and dark body.|
|Whooping Crane||Gaffling||Sky||At nearly 5 feet tall, whooping cranes are the tallest birds in North America. The have white bodies, a red cap on their head and long dark legs.|
|Whooping Crane||Jaggling||Sky||White body, a red cap on their head and long dark legs. Stands taller than its gaffling brethren and often leads the local flocks to safety during trying times.|
|Eastern Oyster||Gaffling||Sea||Numerous bivalve mollusk within the waters.|
|Breakers||Gaffling||Sea||Strange sea-spirits that represent the meeting between force and water (i.e. waves)|
|Rorqual||Gaffling||Sea||Dolphin or Whale Spirits in service of the Sea. The name is also used as a title or reverence to these spirits, even if they are named.|
|Remora||Gaffling||Sea||Also known as sharksucker or suckerfish are noted for attaching themselves to, and riding about on, sharks, other large marine animals, and oceangoing ships. Remoras adhere by means of a flat, oval sucking disk on top of the head. They also play a role in delivering messages via spiritual water ways.|
|Shark||Gaffling||Kun||Of the numerous types of sharks that exist, not all spirits of sharks are directly related to the Rokea. Though some can often be Rokea Ancestors of those long past, they are rare to encounter by those who live on land when swimming in the Gulf. Typically to seek the shark spirits, it often requires the aid of a Rokea to find them.|
|Yuejin||Jaggling||Fox||Usually appears in the form of a large fennic fox.|
|Pilot Fish||Gaffling||Sea/Kun||Pilot fish are numerous in the Gulf, often seen swimming ahead of sharks, giving them their names. The same is true for the spiritual version of this fish. They can be seen swimming along side Shark spirits and the fish are overly territorial of their Shark they have claimed. They provide many services to shark spirits and even to Rokea.|
|Spirit Name||Rank||Brood of Spirit||Description of Spirit|
|Name of Shrine||Location||Description of Shrine|
|Shrine to Kraken||Outside the Light's Keep Forge||A small pile of ship debris with a small kracken statue atop it.|
|Shrine to Sea Serpent||Abandoned airstrip on the southern end of the island||Pile of bones and other left overs of kills done in Sea Serpents name or chiminage paid to the spirit.|
|Shrine to Tempest||Shoreside facing the Gulf in a direct path from the Lighthouse||A large fulgurite formation from when lightening struck the sand during Tempest's storm. It stands at 3 feet high and varies in diameter, with the ridges all pointing up.|
Known Places of Power
- LIST HERE
- The Realm of Tempest: A Wyld Realm, one that changes outside of time and shows the memories of Tempest, usually stuck in the year of 1846.
- Autumn Domain:
Places of Interest
- LIST HERE
- Lamnidae Tours and Oceanic Wildlife Rehabilitation Center
- The main focus of the company is ecotourism and oceanic wildlife rehabilitation and restoration. It is open to the Public and under operation by local Rokea. Located in Port O'Connor, TX.
- Point of Contact: Priscilla Lamnidae Owner.
- Fishermen's Rest
- A local, small restaurant ran by a local family, located in Port O'Connor, TX.
Target Enemies and Locations
|Name of Enemy||Location||Description|
Bastion History and Stories
- Historical Timeline
- STORIES HERE
OOC Contact and Resources
Storyteller: Joaine M.
VSS Wiki Updates: Staff Googlegroup
VSS Information: Useful Links and Dyno Help For Players
General Game Info: 2nd Sundays, 3-7 PM Central Time
All information on the 2017 Wiki can be found at the Main Page but I strongly suggest reading MES Wiki User Guide and MES Wiki FAQ before getting started (Helpful to new Users and those unfamiliar with the wiki site). - Elexeia
Know friends that want to try out some fera that would enjoy a Sunday afternoon game on Discord (online)?
We could totally use some Galliards, Theurges and Philodox roles and we have open Sept slots! (currently capped on Ragabash Auspice)
Heck we would love fera kinfolk too!
Have them come on by and check things out!
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Apocalypse / Sept / Matagorda Island, TX"
The following 24 pages are in this category, out of 24 total.