From Mind's Eye Society 2017 Wiki
System Name: Xiva-Tau Nebula (X.T.)
System Location: Verge
Sector Number: Sector 8
Mora: Class K, an orange-red double star.
Vorix: Largest planet within the system. Vast deserts cover the surface. The high damaging UV rays are very dangerous but thanks to technology the shade is bearable. Deep underneath the surface, there are underground water sources that are currently being processed to provide clean water to the residents. A ruin site has been scouted but not explored as of yet. Dust storms happen regularly but that has not stopped the brave people from establishing the Home base that is Portlock.
Rostea: A small blue planet. Its surface is covered by 90% water. Violent storms have been reported though beneath its vast ocean is still completely unknown.
Yanzao: A medium-sized planet which has a ice surface. It is noticeable for its gravitational tilt. Beneath the ice sheets, there is a flourishing environment thanks to its slow dying core. Breaching the ice sheets covering the surface requires survival skills and environmental equipment.
Vespers: The medium moon to planet Vorix. A moon that has been split into two. The Unity Station sits tethered between the two pieces as the minerals are mined from the many exposed layers.
The Brides: Two moons that protect Yanzao from stray asteroids and debris. The surfaces covered in numerous craters. They both have metallic like appearances as the impact zones have exposed the rich metals within each surface.
Ivora: A small moon that orbits Rostea. Missing its other half the jagged edges look like monstrous teeth reaching out into space. No one knows what happened to the other half.
Hellsgate: A dangerous asteroid field that sits just beyond the Stygian Gate. It can catch ships unaware if they have not plotted a safe path through. Between the asteroids, there are small debris clusters from shipwrecks. Unity Station uses this as a natural defense against the unknown in Space.
Xiva-Tau Nebula Stygian Gate
- Environmental Features: Unity station has an artificial atmosphere. All the station is temperature and pressure controlled. Though the temperature can vary depending on where in the station you are. The mining facilities are known for the high heat from the machinery. The rest of the station is kept at a comfortable temperature.
With the hive like structure, the station is very self-reliant. Each resource being recycled where it can. Sections can be closed off if needed. The residential sectors are open to all but many Supernatural groups have their own bit of territory. Residents can walk freely around the majority of the station, the main shuttle system runs through the whole hive cutting down walking time.
- Flora & Fauna: The pride of the station is the living greenhouse they have maintained. A functioning landscape that houses the flora for nutrition, feeding the whole of the station. A natural filtering system for the water. This sector is also used as a public park education many of the younger residents on how the station functions.
Small domesticated fauna can be found on the station however much of the fauna DNA is still stored. A person can buy fauna with a license or if they have the right contacts can have DNA taken from storage.
- Culture: There is a mixture of cultures from old to new. It is clear this is where the Core and the Verge meet. Everyone from Elite’s to the working class can be found mingling together. The main rule everyone follows is that one has to pull their weight. No one would be able to be at the station if they did not contribute in some way.
Supernaturals are welcomed on the station. Many finding refugees within the society onboard. Still, despite this many Supernaturals refrain from using their powers out in public. The Unity Security Service is ever present on board and can be seen doing patrols. Mainly dealing with disputes. There has been a crackdown on illegal dealings, however, no one is surprised when one operation makes the general news and security has been known to look the other way.
- Economy: Trade and favors is the preferred economy on the station and planetside. Many still use credits especially if ordering something outside the system. The Merchant Union keeps sure that credits are in circulation and that any favors are upheld. There are a number of business giants upon the station and the presence can be seen everywhere but even private business owners have found profit on the station.
- Governance: Unity Security Service is the police service upon the station. Covering everything from everyday disputes to cybercrimes. Many are retired military personnel that have been sponsored for the job. They are known for their distinct uniforms and have a dedicated section of the station as the headquarters, which includes a few holding cells.
There are private security firms available though there are rumors of corruption within them.
- Travel: Travelling to the system can be difficult thanks to the Hellsgate sitting just outside the Stygian Gate though the residents have got the coordinates for a safe passage through. The gate and system are patrolled regularly as there have been incidents of pirates. Trade can take a little longer to get through but most times the cargo is dropped at a safety point and is then retrieved.
General travel upon the station is by shuttle or private vehicles. All using solar power or recyclable technology that allows for minimum waste. There are also regular shuttles to Portlock on Vorix. Vehicles specially designed to survive the harsh environments can be found on Vorix.
- Technology: Technology can be considered high tech especially with maintaining the artificial atmosphere of the station. However, trade in tech is in high demand as repairs and upgrades become readily available on the market. Many of the residents within the system create their own designs for their own needs.
- Level A is security/administration/and those with the money to pay. It is where broadcasting is done from as well and where the unions have their head quarters.
- Level B is reserved for businesses, entertainments, and markets.
- Level C is where the gardens and the middle/upper middle class homes are.
- Level D is where major docking areas are, as well as some more housing.
- Level E is the slums and sketchy places where fast dealings are done.
- Level F is the main exit to and from the deep mines in the planet
- Level G is where the mining goods are processed and it is almost too hot to bear.
- Level H is the all mechanical waste and recycling happens. All processes on this floor are automated. It is too hot for any living creature to survive for very long.
- SY4090: Project Frontier is commissioned by MegaCorps within The Core and sent out to begin terraforming the newly discovered Xiva-Tau Nebula.
- SY4100: SS. Unity Station begins construction and implementation to become a functioning space station within the system.
- SY4106: Unity Station has completed construction and is fully tethered to the Vespers. Research nodes are released to map out planets and moons within the system.
- SY4110: Nodes register planets and moons within the system completing Phase 1 of colonization.
- SY4113: Unity Station becomes a neutral ground for both Mortals and Supernaturals.
- SY4115: Planet Vorix is picked as the first planet to have the first planetside base. Portlock is established and becomes first registered Home Port within the system.
- SY4116: Phase 2 begins as other planets and moons begin being scouted out. The process is slow as lack of manpower and tech.
- SY4117: Unity Station announces its independence from the MegaCorps, particularly the Core. Begins encrypting the coordinates to safely get through Hellsgate.
- SY4118: (Current Day) - There have been reports of ruins being found on one of the planets, while another seems to send out strange signals.
Pages in category "Space / System / Verge / Xiva-Tau Nebula"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.