Information Known by the Garou Nation
Name: David "Caustic Snarl" Hardin
Notable Traits: Often dressed in black tactical gear and wearing a mask
Society: Concordant of Stars
Sept: Graveyard Watch (Atlanta)
Position: Wyrmfoe, Tribal Second
If there were a dictionary entry for "angry Bone Gnawer," there would like be a picture of Caustic Snarl there. An outspoken member of the Swarm camp, he has had multiple run-ins with authority figures at his old Sept and other Septs. For many years, he was a staunch apocalypse prophet, trying to get people at the Sept of the Lonely Mountain in Atlanta to realize what was coming. This came to a head in 2006 when Voice of Silver, the Athro Silver Fang Philodox Alpha of the Sept used all his influence to get Caustic Snarl scandaled back to Cliath. The now former Eldest Ahroun of the Sept took that as his cue to leave. He spent a couple of years at the Sept of the Forgotten Waters, where he found a sympathetic associate in Benny "Ear to the Ground" Reed, the Sept Alpha. As well, he spent time in direct contact with Allie "Rat Poison" Smythe, the leader of the Swarm. After leaving Forgotten Waters, he also spent time in a destruction swath with Denali, a Gurahl from the West Coast. As she moved out of her Ahroun period, though, it served as a wake-up call for David that maybe he needed to temper his rage and learn to direct it better. This led to time with a Pack of Stargazers before finally leaving to head back to Atlanta to aid in the raising of a Seed Caern there.
He was a member of the pack Last Resort (as in "Violence is not the...") dedicated to Kingsnake. The Pack was, in and of itself, a thumb in the eye of many traditionalist Garou as it includes an Ananasi, a Corax, and a Red Talon aligned with the Concordant of Stars. Prior to the raising of the Seed Caern, he was instrumental in convincing Benny Reed to allow a seed from Forgotten Waters to be used.
As time progressed in the Sept, the Caern Totem changed to Cerberus and an assault resulted in the death of the previous Caern Totem, an act that impacted David a great deal. Members of Last Resort moved to other Septs and David finally left the Pack, forming a new one dedicated to a member of the Caern Totem's brood along with Argues with Circuits (Rites Master of the Sept and Adren Glasswalker, Jake (Elder Gurahl and Truth Catcher), Mason of the People (Adren Silver Fang Ahroun), Barrens Chat (Sept Alpha and Adren Fianna Galliard), and Cold Red Clay (Uzmati Gurahl).
Most recently, Caustic Snarl successfully challenged Craig "Mr. Big Stuff" Bowers for the position of Tribal Second of the Bone Gnawers. As well, he was named Champion of the Sept of the Graveyard Watch.
- Caustic Snarl is viewed as too aggressive and outspoken even for members of his own Camp, and there are some who might want to do something about that.
- There is some question as to whether some of Caustic Snarl's tactics are too violent and opening a path to his heart for the Wyrm.
- Knows the Bone Gnawer Tribal Councilor personally.
- Had a doomsday bunker setup for when the apocalypse happened, it's the reason he's still alive.
- The real reason he left his old sept is that he had a vision of what would happen to them and they threw him out when he tried to warn them. To this day he's the only one that knows where they all went and he's not opening his mouth after what happened last time.
- There was more to his relationship with Denali than just friends and their parting was more her idea than his.
- "David showed me much of what it means to be a fighter. To know when to press and when to wait. When to be relentless and when to give quarter. What it means to be Uzmat—no to be an ahroun. It is my hope that with all he has taught me about war, that I taught him a little about peace. That while he is a warrior through and through, that there are times when a hand should be stayed and that mercy is sometimes the better answer. He made my claws sharper, but I sincerely hope I made his edges just a bit softer." Denali Deep-Song
- "Wears all black, but is not a goth. Very confusing." Buttons
- "Who *wouldn’t* follow this guy into battle?” Smooth Operator
- Argues with Circuits, Adren Glasswalker Theurge
- Jake Hargrove, Rishi Gurahl
- Cold Red Clay Uzmati Gurahl
- Barrens Chat, Adren Fianna Galliard
- Mason of the People, Adren Silver Fang Ahroun
- "Clap Your Hands" - Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
- "Raise a Little Hell" - Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
- "We Live Dangerous" - Reverend Peyton's Big Damn Band
- "Bad Seamstress Blues / Fallin' Apart At The Seams" - Cinderella
- "Blood From A Stone" - Cinderella
- "Man in Black" - Johnny Cash
- "Everybody Knows" - Leonard Cohen
- "Crush 'Em" - Megadeth
- "...And Justice For All" - Metallica
Player: Clint Hauser
Player Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Storyteller: Mark Zohn
Storyteller Email: email@example.com
Location: Atlanta, GA