Cihuacoatl appears as a majestically beautiful but equally inhuman woman of Mexican descent, somewhere in her 20’s or 30’s. She always wears Aztec regalia, jewelry, and piercings, and occasionally takes the form of a lean black jaguar or an eighteen-foot-long green anaconda.
Cihuacoatl was a powerful priestess of her people, tribes that would come to form the Aztec Empire. She attracted the attention of an ancient vampire known only in modern accounts as Tezcatlipoca, who gifted her with the Embrace and gave her a new name and purpose: to spread his word as his high priestess. She became known to the Aztecs as a goddess of motherhood and fertility, and grew so powerful in her own right that her name was used by the people of the Aztec capital Tenochticlan as a title for those who governed the city. After a drawn-out war with European vampires of the Camarilla and Sabbat during the colonization of Mexico, the majority of her human worshippers were ravaged by smallpox and, with her herd diminished, Cihuacoatl fell into torpor for several decades. She emerged from her sleep in 1560 CE, but by then the Aztec Empire was no more.
Cihuacoatl currently roams the Yucatan Peninsula, with those of her lineage carving out territory against the Sabbat and newly ensconced Camarilla Kindred in Mexico and Central America. While she remains Unaligned, it is rumored that numerous envoys from the Independent Alliance have been courting her.
Time Frame for Embraces: 150 CE to 1520 CE, 1560 CE to 1700 CE Requirements:
- PC Sects/Factions: Any, though Unaligned (Autarkis) are the most common
- Path: Any
- Skill: Must possess Linguistics focus in Spanish or a Mesoamerican language
- Skills: Any of the following at 3+: Athletics, Brawl, Dodge, or Melee
- Skills: Any of the following at 3+: Awareness, Linguistics, Lore, or Occult
- Special: Those Embraced by Cihuacoatl must be of native South American descent, or have been a significant visitor to South America as a mortal; Those born of non-native stock to South America must be Embraced after 1500 CE.
- Flaw: The history of Aztec sacrifice and bloodletting are not limited to the mundane world alone, as a terrible permutation of the blood is universal to Cihuacoatl and her line. Many of her childer must consume the hearts of their victims for sustenance, and as such take the Flaw: Conspicuous Consumption.
- Merit: Childer of Cihuacoatl encompass various character types, but many of them have been versed in their Sire and lineages unique shamanistic blood sorcery known as Nahuallotl. Many Elder members of the lineage take the Merit: Setite Sorcery, and perform it with a decidedly shamanistic bent.