Embraced in his middle-age with greying hair and a full beard accenting classic Greek features, Critas’s most distinguishing feature is his short height, barely reaching five-feet-tall. Critas would not look out of place teaching a night course at college or institute of higher learning, dressing in modern professional attire.
During his mortal lifetime, Critias was a popular Sophist philosopher in Athens. His stances made him many enemies among the Athenian nobility and when the plague struck Athens, he was accused of corrupting the city’s youth and was sent into exile. On the night of his departure, he was visited by a stranger who introduced himself as Menele, and they spoke all evening on philosophy before Critas accepted the Embrace and his role as a thinker and questioner for all eternity. After nearly a century with his Sire, Critias traveled to Carthage, having become fascinated by the idea of a world where vampires and kine would live side by side. Because of his skill with debate, he was eventually made Carthage’s envoy and traveled the world in order to find allies for the city and support for its dream. Due to his travels, he was not in Carthage when the Ventrue of Rome sacked it. Furious, he traveled to the Roman Empire, focusing all his efforts to destroy it as Rome had destroyed Carthage. His impassioned arguments and formidable presence raised an army in ancient Turkey, but his ire was so great that he lost himself to a terrible three-day frenzy that resulted in the death of innocents and caused him to re-evaluate his path. Critias traveled the world refining his point of view of self-improvement leading to societal improvement, and reached his current stance and position: to create a democratic government similar to the Athenian model for the vampires of the New World. Critias came to North America shortly after the Revolutionary War and has remained there since. Much of his time is spent teaching vampires and mortals alike, usually in the guise of an academic with the latter. In Brujah circles, he continues to remain firmly in the Idealist camp, and voices for reforms within the Camarilla itself. He was among the Brujah Elders who advocated for St. Germaine, his Elder Anarch childer, as a candidate for Imperator to foster his removal from the Red List and placement in the Camarilla.
Critas is known to have spent time in Chicago, but he has not been seen there since the establishment of the Chicago Blood Accord.
Time Frame for Embraces:
- 100 BCE to 1700 CE
- PC Sects/Factions: Camarilla or Anarch
- Path: Humanity
- Skills: Any two of the following at 3+: Academics, Lore, Linguistics, and Leadership
- Special: Childer are Idealists
- Special: Critas is a strong proponent of the Brujah concept and precepts of entelechy and personal perfection. Childer of his tend to follow the same philosophy or have been exposed to it. Characters who will want a strong focus on that principle or concept should consider him for a Sire.
- Special: Childer have developed strong social skills coupled with some degree of mental prowess (Social or Mental Primary is most common). Loremaster and Natural Linguist are common Merits among those chosen by him.
- Special: Those closely associated with him in the Camarilla can take the Prestigious Sire Merit due to the accord given to such an ancient vampire in the Ivory Tower.