Information Known by the Garou Nation
Name: Danior Western
Deed Name: Roadside Assistance
Pack: The Adopted
Society: Concordat of Stars, The Road Warders
Sept: Unearthed Silver- Boulder, CO
Danior Western in Pueblo, CO
Notable Traits: Heterochromia Iridium, unusually Dog-Like traits in Crinos, Hispo, and Lupus, often accompanied by Poor Man's Hope, a small bird spirit.
Danior Western, born to Liandra Riverwood, a kinfolk of an unknown tribe, and Artur Western, a Bone Gnawer kinfolk, spent a fairly average and happy childhood in Denver, Colorado. Throughout his young life, he was tutored by Layla "Mends Sorrows" French, a close family friend to the Westerns, and a Bone Gnawer Theurge. Shortly before his first change, Danior left Denver and joined his "Aunt" Layla's Road Warder pack, Running Free. During Dani's Rite of Passage, which included a spirit rescue mission through an umbral storm in the pack's trademark yellow VW Bus, he selflessly braved the brunt of the storm to rescue Poor Man's Hope, a Jaggling spirit unable to save itself due to political turmoil wracking the nation. For his bravery and caring, Dani earned the Deed Name "Roadside Assistance", and the close friendship of Poor Man's Hope.
After two or so years of traveling the open west in the name of The American Dream, doing the best they could for as many people as they could, Running Free urgently returned to Denver to investigate rumors of attacks on the city's homeless population. The rumors proved to be true, as many human homeless, as well as several Bone Gnawer kinfolk, had been killed by Black Spiral Dancers swearing vengeance on one Bone Gnawer garou in particular. However, the pack hadn't heard the full story, was unprepared for the pack of Black Spirals that set upon them. In an act of heroism and self-sacrifice, Layla managed to give Dani a chance to escape the slaughter, making him the sole survivor of the attack. Danior settled down from his Road Warder wanderings, and joined the Sept of Unearthed Silver, swearing vengeance on the Black Spirals who took his family away from him.
Danior sports an almost uncanny and prodigy-like bond to spirits, understanding them better than almost anyone else, and preferring their company over that of other corporeal beings. Always inquisitive and caring, Danior is sometimes naive, but always works hard to help others and do the right thing.
- March 22, 1999: Danior is born to kinfolk parents Liandra Riverwood and Artur Western at the Platte River Caern in Colorado. Danior was given a Baptism of Fire Rite, at the request of his parents.
- 2008: The Platte River Caern falls to the Age of the Apocalypse.
- May 14, 2015: Danior drops out of high school and joins the late pack Running Free
- June 8, 2016: The Kin-Fetch placed on Dani as a part of his Baptism of Fire alerts the denizens of the Sept of Unearthed Silver to his first change.
- November 28, 2016: Danior completes his rite of passage and earns the moniker "Roadside Assistance"
- December 3, 2017: Running Free is attacked by Black Spiral Dancers while in Denver, Colorado. Danior is the sole survivor.
- April 7, 2018: Danior becomes Den Parent of the Sept of Unearthed Silver
- May 11, 2018: Danior and his allies return from an Umbral Quest to retrieve the Croatan Binding Ritual from Legendary Realm.
- June 9, 2018: Danior aids in defeating the Kraken in Pueblo, Colorado.
- September 1, 2018: Danior aids his Septmates in the destruction of a local Wyrm pit and is awarded the title of "Worthy."
- Feburary 2, 2019: Danior completes the trial set for him by packmate Jonathan McBride and ascends to the rank of Adren
- Artur Western- Father; Bone Gnawer Kinfolk; Resides in the Denver Area
- Liandra Riverwood-Western- Mother; Kinfolk of Unknown Tribe; Resides in the Denver Area
- Elliot Connors- Close Friend; Child of Gaia Kinfolk; Resides in the Boulder Area
- Layla French- Former Packmate (Alpha); Bone Gnawer Garou; Deceased
- Tamsin Brown- Packmate (Alpha); Uktena Garou
- Jonathan McBride- Packmate; Fianna Garou
- Braylon- Packmate; Silver Fang Garou
If you've been at a game with Danior or interacted with him on a list, and wish to add something appropriate to these sections, please do so!
- Somewhere in Danior's ancestry, someone must have mated with a dog, which would explain his soft coat and dog-like features in Crinos, Hispo, and Lupus. It might also explain the fact that dogs are constantly following him around, although that may also be some form of curse leveled on the family for his ancestor's perverted transgression.
- Dani was encouraged by someone of high standing to establish alliances with the Vampires, and works avidly to do so. His acceptance of Vampires, and arguments of their "civil rights" has caused scorn and alienation, but he remains steadfast in his belief that most Vampires are moral, misunderstood creatures.
- Danior seems deeply uncomfortable in his own pack. It's possible internal political strife is the only cause, but it also seems that, as a Road Warder, Dani feels too "tied down" to feel truly at ease. But... couldn't he just leave his pack if he felt that way?
Elliot Connors at “The Tea Tree”, a coffee shop in Boulder Colorado
- Uh, Dani? Yeah, sure. We were best buds in high school. He left around... sophomore year, I think. Probably for the best. His energy didn’t mesh with school. He was bored. I think he left with his aunt. Last I heard from him, Gaia had gifted him a wolf-skin, which is really wonderful. Why do you ask? Is he okay?
-Elliot Connors, upon being questioned about Danior
- "Dani seeks to see the world as it truly is. He might be young and a bit brash, but he has earned my respect. Plus, his memories are pretty." -Tamsin Brown
- "He's a gentle spirit. Such creatures do not tend to last long in wars. Yet such softness may at times (at times) obscure a well of vast strength. Perhaps this will prove true of him as well." - Ice Sky Dreams
Spirit Companion- Poor Man's Hope
Poor Man's Hope, or more affectionately "Hopi" travels closely to Dani, more closely than is normal for a bonded spirit. She most often takes the form of a small, fiery pigeon made of red, white, and blue flame. Hopi serves under American Dream, the patron of Dani's former pack, Running Free.
Player: Brom Eccles
Player Email: email@example.com
Storyteller: Conor Sexton
Storyteller Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Location: Denver, CO