Deceneus of Thrace
Deceneus is described as tall for someone of his age, and fair-haired, with light blue eyes and a light olive complexion. He often wears loose garments in a modern style that allow for ease of movement but there is always an archaic touch. Scars from various battles he fought as a mortal gladiator and revolutionary mark his torso and arms.
Deceneus was a Thracian slave-gladiator who was a captain in the Third Servile War, commonly known as "The War of Spartacus" after its more famous Thracian ringleader, in revolt against Rome. Deceneus was Embraced by Hannibal after he fell at the Battle of Cantenna against the Romans under Marcus Licinus Crassus. Hannibal, already a strong proponent of using Thracian and Gallic mercenaries when he was a mortal general in Carthage, was impressed by Deceneus' skill and zeal and offered him immortality as opposed to dying against his oppressors, which Deceneus accepted. Since then, Deceneus is purported to have operated against Ventrue interests in the Jyhad, becoming far less visibly active around the 12th Century.
His current whereabouts are unknown, but reports place Deceneus in Central and Western Europe, though there have also been alleged sightings in the Southern United States. It's rumored that he is currently directing his lineage in support of his broodmate, Prince Guillaume of Switzerland, against Ventrue incursions on Brujah influence.
Time Frame for Embraces:
- 25 BCE to 1231 CE
- PC Sects/Factions: Any except Sabbat
- Path: Any
- Skills: Any one of the following at 3+: Academics, Linguistics, or Lore
- Skills: Any one of the following at 3+: Athletics, Brawl, Leadership, or Melee
- Special: While Deceneus respects the freedom of his childer, given the current climate of Ventrue and Brujah relations, he has quietly gathered and reaffirmed bonds of filial duty with his lineage. All of his childer are at least two-points Blood Bound to him, with the option being three-points available for childer who have been resistant to "return to the fight."
- Special: Other than being opposed to the Sabbat and their penchant for attacking or opposing Brujah Elders, Deceneus' childer tend to be or are instructed to have connections and descendants who are both Anarchs and Camarilla members as to maneuver more freely in the Jyhad as a whole. Strictly Camarilla or Anarch branches deriving from him are unheard of.