The Lord Doctor Connor Villanueva-93 of Sand and Sea, M.D., Ph.D
|Name:||Dr. Conner Villanueva-93, M.D., Ph.D|
|Dept.of Psychosociological Research|
|Position:||Lord of Sand and Sea
Harpy of San Diego
|City:||San Diego, CA|
Primum non nocere - Hippocratic Oath
I may be surrounded by insanity, but I am not insane!" - William T. Riker, "Frame of Mind" ST:TNG 6x21
I would if I weren't serving my fucking Prince preventing a fucking war with talking horses and fairytale creatures. Raincheck? - Dr. Villanueva
We are the Shattered. We hold a broken mirror to the world and demonstrate that there is more there than there. - Dr. Villanueva-93
If what he says is to be believed, Connor was only recently embraced. In life as well as unlife, Connor is a researcher and academic, focused on mass hysteria. He is highly sociable, usually quite friendly, and quick to point out the absurdity of situations in which Kindred find themselves.
In the short time that he's been in San Diego, he's managed to parlay with the local Fae, get trapped within a living hotel, and ghoul a Changeling Lord.
He finds non-violent solutions wherever possible. His research is meant to help preserve the Masquerade - as he has since found out what he had once thought to be urban legends have quite a bit of truth behind them.
Status & Standing
Current standing within the Camarilla
Dr. Villanueva is the longest-running concurrent Camarilla court member in recent memory, and has held the positions of Talon, Keeper of Elysium, Seneschal, and now Harpy. He has served three different Princes.
- Lord of Sand and Sea, Fae Court of San Diego. Awarded when challenging the previous Lord of Sand and Sea and winning.
- Harpy of San Diego
- Courteous - awarded by former Harpy Celeste Beauchamp of San Diego for bringing vital information to the Camarilla Leadership in San Diego.
- Spent to deflect any offense meant by a recent announcement as Keeper.
2015 - Embraced in Olympia, Washington by 93.
2017 - Released
Late 2017 - Arrived in San Diego for a professorship at UCSD.
- Encountered "Space Plant Creature" and learned of its origins. This began his research into Fae and their connection to human emotion.
- Encountered a talking horse and the Knight of Sand & Sea, delivering a message directly to Prince Conrad, who proclaimed him *Loyal* for his efforts.
- Encountered the Lord of Sand and Sea himself and analyzed his personality.
- Created a Monster.
- Met with the Lord of Glass and Shadow, who he apparently knows.
- April 14, 2017 - Challenged the Lord of Sand and Sea, and won. With the help of members of the IA, Camarilla, and Anarch movement who moved in on the challenge. This effectively ended the war between the Domain of San Diego and the Faerie Court of Sand and Sea.
- July 2018 - Made Marshal (Keeper of Elysium) by the former Czar Kostilkov after the departure of Enyo, former Keeper and now Prince of San Diego
- September 2018 - lost a contest to Servire de Luca over a personal conflict. Czar Kostilkov was invoked by Prestation to step down as Czar. However the former Keeper defended the Camarilla from the announcement of aggression by the Independent Alliance, and still defends both Elysia.
- "This conflict with the Fae will likely be Dr. Villanueva's crucible. I continue to have faith that he will succeed and await my opportunity to reward him for his work should he come out the other side with his psyche intact." - Dr. Winston
- "In my experience, the clan of the Moon tend to be equal parts insightful and unpredictable. Dr. Villanueva is no exception. Watch him. To use a trite turn of phrase, there's a method to his madness." - Alenzia Komnenos
- “Conner is sweet in a way that most Kindred aren’t, probably because he’s so young. He reminds me of another sweet young man I knew... nearly a century ago now. I suspect he’ll meet the same fate actually, dying in the service of others and leaving behind people to mourn.” - Marianne Dashwood
Allies and Enemies
- Prince Murielle O'Connor promoted Dr. Villanueva to Seneschal, after some lobbying on his part.
- Former Czar Marcus Kostikolv of San Diego, clan-mate and ally as long as he's a helpful loremaster. Recently returned and backed Villanueva for Harpy, giving him two "promotions" in as many months.
- Dr. James Winston, professional colleague and Chamberlain (Primogen). Recently returned/
- Marianne Dashwood, Brujah Anarch and Former Camarilla Sheriff of Los Angeles. They are both on the "no-murder train". Usually seen with Dr. Villanueva having mutual mental breakdowns. They both self-righteously hold on to their humanity.
- Celeste Beauchamp, Former Chancellor of San Diego. Dr. Villanueva is her Vice-Chancellor (Talon).
- Tony de Luca, Former Toreador Servire of the Southwest. Presumed Deceased.
- Ambassador John Doe and Doctor Villanueva came to an understanding after the confrontation with the Lord of Sand and Sea, and the Anarch's saving of the Lord of Glass and Shadow. (character retired)
- Professor Stavros, a fellow Kindred at UCSD. They have mutual interests. Deceased.
- Leon Harris, Malkavian Anarch Occultist and Mystic.
- Elder and former Prince Enyo saved Dr. Villanueva from the eventual collapse of the Lord of Sand and Sea's Freehold. Enyo is now an Elder of clan Gangrel, bloodline Gargoyle.
- Rosa Giovanni, Guardian of the Sacred Spaces, and former colleague.
- Serafina Pisanob, fellow loremaster (retired).
- The Lord of Glass and Shadow - a friend of his.
- 93, "Stuart", "Wym" - Sire and former Sheriff of Olympia, Washington. Intelligence Gatherer. (Character retired)