Ezra is a frail looking man with Middle Eastern features, appearing somewhere in his 50’s to 60’s. In public, he wears loose fitting modern garments in linen, and simple robes or a toga in private settings.
No one is certain as to the origins of the vampire known only as Ezra the Watcher, other than that he is an ancient and hails from the Fertile Crescent. Some vampire scholars suspect he was present at Carthage, and rumors persist that he provided vital information to the Ventrue and Malkavians to help destroy the city. It is said that Ezra’s breadth of historical knowledge is unmatched and some believe that he was Embraced much younger than his appearance suggests. He has the same “True Brujah” goals of revenge that are universal to the Sages, but guides the efforts of his childer through the use of such puissant powers to gain information rather than acting directly. It is rumored he is seeking out members of the Independent Alliance to “exchange information,” but there have not been any known meetings.
All the chronicles of Ezra report him as never staying long in any location. Unlike other Elders of his power and age he is unwilling or perhaps unable to stay in one place for more than a few months. Some say this may be a result of being hunted, or the mystic wages of some kind of curse. Others suspect it is him moving through the world using his unique powers.
Time Frame for Embraces: 2100 BCE to 1613 CE Requirements:
- PC Sects/Factions: Unaligned
- Path: Any, but Path of the Scorched Heart is favored.
- Skills: Any of the two following at 3+: Academics, Linguistics, Lore, Medicine, Occult, or Science.
- Special: Those that do not follow Scorched Heart are “marked” by the long instruction in the rigorous rubric, and must take the Dull Flaw.
- Special: Ezra’s Childer are universally scholars of some kind. They are either Mental or Social primary characters, and usually have an Intelligence Mental Focus.
- Special: Members of Ezra’s lineage are expected to contribute to the downfall of the non-Sage Brujah, and as such they often have Flaws that relate to their disdain or hatred of Brujah such as a Derangement or Intolerance.
- Special: Members of this lineage are encouraged to have some level of Alternate Identity given their rivalry with the non-Sage Brujah.