Never made a wiki, before? Want yours to stand out a little more than the basic template? The resources linked below will help you navigate some of the finer points of coding, designing, and image-editing. Have fun!
- Wiki Code Cheatsheet
- This handy page summarizes a wide variety of wiki code, and gives examples of how to use it, where, and what it should produce.
- Basic Formatting Tutorial
- Wikipedia offers a series of tutorials to cover the basics, along with "sandboxes," which are safe pages to test your skills in.
- More Formatting Help
- This set of instructions is from Mediawiki.
- How to Make Tables
- Basic instructions for tables to organize information.
- Adding Pictures
- The many, many ways to place an image on a wiki page.
- Adding Pictures 2
- More advice on images from Mediawiki.
- Icons for Various Venues
- Apply as you like!
- A free, powerful image manipulation program with a wide range of options.
- A free, great quality online image editor.
- Choosing a Font
- Want to look good? Read this and take notes.