Born under the name Justinian in the Byzantine Empire, Leigh was originally a noble whose holdings lay near the frontiers and who had to fight several times against the invading Seljuk Turks. After a disastrous battle, which resulted in the death of all soldiers under his command, Leigh refused to give up, determined to avenge the deaths of his followers by killing as many Turks as possible, accepting his imminent death. His ferocity and courage impressed the leader of the Turkish troops, a Gangrel in disguise. He met Leigh in personal battle, goading him to ever greater feats of war skill. When he was content with Leigh's performance, he embraced him and left him to fend for himself. Leigh traveled the world afterwards, changing his name after Constantinople had been conquered.
Titles and Accolades
- Archon In service of Justicar di Zagreb
- None Known
- Byzantine Empire
- He was originally tasked to serve as an Archon under Violetta but was later dispatched to London after the Great Fire in 1666 to ensure Mithras’ loyalty to the Camarilla (which was always somewhat shaky due to personal history between Mithras and Hardestadt).
- Leigh was later responsible for saving Valerius’ unlife (Mithra's seneschal) from a traitorous Gangrel. When the Gangrel Clan left the Sect originally, Leigh went with them reluctantly, and was jubilant when his Clan decided to come back to the Tower.
Camarilla, Gangrel or Tremere Lore:
- His current assignment as an Archon to the Tremere Justicar is mostly due to that Clan’s efforts to bring the Wanderers back into the fold.
Gangrel or Toreador Lore Spec :
- It is rumoured that Leigh and Violetta were lovers, and that the Inner Circle reassigned Leigh to another Justicar to separate them.