Gordon "Seeks out Truth" Fannon
"Gazing up into the darkness I saw myself
as a creature driven and derided by vanity;
and my eyes burned with anguish and anger."
Name: Gordon Fannon
Deed Name: Skips the Test
Pack: Briar Pack
Matters of Public Record
To those familiar with the heroes of the Fianna, Gordon bears an obvious resemblance to Dancer's Doom, a renowned Philodox from the 17th century, and the widely recognized founder of the Fannon dynasty. The Fannons seem mixed on how to treat Gordon, but very few treat him with the respect that one would expect for an exemplar of his line.
Gordon is a lawyer who handles much of the legal matters for his family and the sept. The youngest grandson of the former sept alpha and elder, Amelia "Stormweaver" Fannon, Gordon was trained to fight from an early age. He spent his childhood living on the Fannon farm with his siblings and cousins. However, shortly after the storm that cracked the farm's Great Oak and killed Deirdre Fannon, Gordon and his mother left the farm to live closer to the old Caern. A year later Gordon had a conversation with Stormweaver that lasted late into the night. The next day he disappeared for nearly a decade.
He returned in 2008 just in time to fight in the battle for the old Caern where his father, the warder, was killed and his mother lost her arm to Eater of Kinfolk. He fought well, managing to slay his First Boar on his own. Despite this accomplishment, the family patriarch responded with, "Good, now I don't have to take you hunting."
At Stormweaver's urging, Gordon married Caitlin Fannon in 2011. The pair had a daughter in 2013, a second in 2015, and are expecting a third child before year's end.
Shortly after Christmas, 2016, Gordon began behaving oddly. This became worse when he disappeared after the Slap Dance Moot the following April. His family disappeared from the farm shortly afterwards. Adding to the concern was his odd behavior at the Alamo. When the sept arrived to save his pack, Gordon was following Maeve around like a lost duckling and speaking entirely in oddly accented Irish. It was later determined that Gordon was being possessed by an insane ancestor, Races the Wind.
Over the next several months Gordon worked towards banishing his insane ancestor despite numerous setbacks, the unavailability of the people needed for the quest, and the Umbral Storm postponing their efforts.
When Eater of Kinfolk attacked the Caern Gordon fought with his pack and aided in the killing of Injustice, Eater of Kinfolk's packmate. However, they were not present for the death of Eater of Kinfolk, a disappointment that haunts Gordon to this day.
After defending the Caern and receiving the blessing of his Ancestors, Gordon succeeded in banishing Races the Wind, but the journey was not without cost, involving a tense incident with a prestigious, and a cryptic message from the insane, ancestor.
Now Gordon and his pack have reformed to hunt down the remains of Eater of Kinfolk's pack. But there is discontent within the Sept of the Rising Moon, as the long running antagonism between Persona Non Grata and Defends the Homestead boiled over into the execution of the former. Now a member of the Auspice council and two cubs recently promoted to Cliath are set to stand trial for sedition and treason.
- Caitlin Fannon - Wife, Kinfolk (NPC)
- Maeve Fannon - Cousin and Packmate
- Thomas Glenanne - Cousin and Former Packmate
- Boar Slayer - Packmate
- Spirit Chaser - Packmate
- Cedrick Fannon - Cousin, Drinking Buddy, Packmate.
- Douglas Fannon - Sept Alpha. Second Cousin. By marriage. Packmate. Joy.
- Josephine Fannon - Second Cousin, Matriarch
- Amos Fannon - Cousin, Sept Fool
- Aiden O'Gara Fannon - Second Cousin, once removed.
- Judge Taco - Occasional drinking buddy, commiserator, and mentor.
- Sarah Fannon - Mother (NPC)
- Willow Fannon - Cousin
- Ember Fannon - Niece
- Sylvi Anker Fannon - kinfolk, Seer, friend, cousin by mating
- Jo "Thundercat" Trevino - Cousin
- Oh please, if Gordon were really beating his wife Ma Fannon would have put him in the ground.
- Gordon was banished because he got his cousin pregnant, then killed her when he found out.
- Gordon's got one foot out the door on the Sanctum, he's just waiting for a guarantee form the Concordat.
- Councilman Eastman spent the night with Gordon's wife, when Gordon caught them there was a huge fight.
- Jesus, did you see Gordon limping onto the sept last month? What the hell happened on his rank challenge?
- Why's that old sad sack in such a good mood?
- (Insert Your Rumors Here)
- "Wake my love. Throw this slut from our bed and I can be yours again." - Anonymous
- "Gordon gets way more flack than he deserves about things he rarely has control over. He and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things, but he knows more than most what it's like to grow up on a broken pedestal. I trust him. - Maeve Fannon
- "Do I despise him? I don't know. If I gave him any thought, I probably would." - Aiden Fannon
- "Like I said, if I'm going to get beat up I better LOOK like a loser too." - Persona Non Grata
- "A worm of a creature, but even worms have a purpose." - Douglas Fannon
- "I have few words to say about him that wouldn't get me thrown from the church, but he does right by his children and I can't ignore that about him" - Josephine Fannon
- "Poor Gordon makes me look like an almost reputable member of our clan. I owe him at least a good drink once in awhile for that. Helps the man keep his shoulder to the grindstone. It's a long road back into the good graces of the Fannons, and I should know." - Amos Fannon
- "Mother wants him to be a hero, Dancer's Doom reborn. When she says that all I can think about is how the children of Dancer's Doom learned to fight from strangers because their father died before they could hold a spear." - Sarah Fannon
- "We all got ghosts... his are just closer to th' surface. He manages ta find th' courage ta fight 'em off, he'll be th' future a' Law in th' Nation. Or die shiverin' in the dark. Coin Toss." - Judge Taco
- "Everyone is hard on Gordon but he is a Fannon and he can hold his liquor, so I will Drink to that." - Cedrick Fannon
- "Get up and fight, Gordon." - Amelia "Stormweaver" Fannon
- "He was Stor-, er, Grandmother's favorite. Thank Gaia it wasn't me!" - Ember Fannon
- "I will need to save my Gnosis to keep him calm. I have never seen a Garou so full of Rage. What is he so angry about?" - Sylvi Anker
- "I thought that boy's cheese was about to slip off his cracker for good when Maeve when down to the ground. His fury and rage had him speakin' the ancient tongues. He was like a whirlin' dervish. Steer clear of that boy when he's the the anger in him." - Amos Fannon
- "Obviously he skipped too many tests" - Jo Trevino
- "Gordon has developed an issue, I should look into this" - Cedrick Fannon
- "He's been through a lot, especially in the last few nights. Our city is together in combating the forces that strive against us. I know I'm not a Fannon, but he, like so many others, I've known and seen for so long that they become a family of sorts...I hope he knows that..." - Samuel "Old Ironsides" Johnson
- "He didn't have to curse me ! Have you seen the Fannon luck? He didn't have to give it to me !" - Artemis
- "Well the Cat out of the bag now, you better fix this qick" - Cedrick Fannon
- "Seems like a really good guy. He watched my back in the Umbra the other night. Glad to be packmates with him now." Thomas Glenanne
- "I heard your cousin talking about what you did out there, and you're a damned fool! Gonna get yourself killed." Sarah Fannon
- "I saw a different side of Gordon Fannon...perhaps I misjudged him....FOR GORDON!" Jo Trevino
- "Aaaawoooo." - Boar Slayer
- "Although we are not blood, he is my fetter." - Sylvi Anker
- "A Bone Gnawer asked Mato and I if we could grow him a backbone. We could only say that we can only heal what is lost, not what never was." - Yitzhak Seed-of-Two-Trees
- "I have not had much interaction with Skips-The-Test. But he tried to speak reason with Defends-The-Homestead, when our Sept Leader's blood was at a boil. I am not a Philodox to judge, but I can respect that, no matter what other's whisper about him." - Ghost in the Woods
- "Ya know, we've all been making fun of Gordon. Guess it's just shits n' giggles. Cuz he done good in a pinch." - Spitballer
- "I am so proud of how far he has come, but there is still a ways to go. We'll get there. He has my back and I have his. And, we always have Mondays." - Sylvi Mac Elrath
- "I hope he figures out the workings of a young girls heart before those two girls of his grow up. Otherwise he's going to be lost to a storm unending." - Josephine
- "If this old man has learned anything about women, it's this. They're usually...no...pretty much always right. We're too damn proud, stubborn, or just plain stupid, to get it through our skulls. He is lucky to have the women he has in his life, especially the ones he fights with." - Old Ironsides/Defends His Honor
- "I never thpught I'd be impressed by Gordon. I'm glad to be proven wrong. SquadGoals salute!" - Jo Trevino
- "I have not worked with him yet, but our new Master of Challenge cut an impressive figure during his Duel for the position, and took to his new duties with zeal. For his first day on the job, it is a good omen." - Anton 'Guards-The-Door' Rourke
- "Oh Gordon, everytime I start thinking I'm ready to start treating you like a full grown man you go and pull some bullshit like this. If that bear shows up angry I'm feeding you to him." - Josephine Fannon
- "Your quote" - Your name
Inspiration & Influences
- 3AM afters conversation. And a Master Course in poor fictional life choices from Lindsay Tilley. Blame her!
Player: Bryan Fowler
Player Email: email@example.com
Storyteller: MJ Jackson
Storyteller Email: YOUR DIRECT ST EMAIL HERE
San Antonio, TX