An elegant man of middle years, Gustav Mallenhous’ noble bearing makes him instantly identifiable as a member of the Clan of Kings. With a high brow and long, thick brown hair, he disguises a decidedly weak chin behind high, starched collars in rich dark fabrics, which lends him the air of an eccentric, androgynous dandy. His bored expression as he looks down his decidedly aristocratic nose, gives the impression he is suffering the presence of lesser beings.
Gustav emerged from relative obscurity in Egypt centuries ago. Some rumors say he was an embraced Christian travelling with Saint Mark during the reign of Emperor Claudius (41-54 CE), though others say he is much older. His story does begin in Egypt during the spread of Christianity but this was merely a cover for a power struggle against the Followers of Set which culminated in a great battle that might have involved Set himself and which ultimately caused Gustav to leave the continent. Returning to Europe, Gustav was active in puppeting the Church against Infernalism and other enemies of civilized vampiric society. He developed quite the reputation amongst Infernalists and Baali. Gustav joined the Sabbat at its creation, and after a cabal of Baali attempted to assassinate him, he founded the Sabbat Inquisition with support from a fanatically faithful group of Lasombra, a cabal of Noddists, and a pack known as the Shepherds of Caine. Following the creation of the Inquisition he ascended to the position of Prisci for the Orthodoxy Faction, where he remains active as a ritual fanatic obsessed with refilling the Sect with spiritual strength and fortitude.
In the modern Sabbat, Mallenhous is considered the patron saint of the Inquisition. He is especially revered among the Ventrue antitribu. Despite being Prisci, he keeps one eye on the Inquisition at all times.
Time Frame for Embraces: 41 CE to 1700 CE Requirements:
- PC Sects/Factions: Sabbat
- Path: Any. Path of Honorable Accord or Power and the Inner Voice.
- Skills: Two of the following at 3+: Academics (Theology), Dodge, Investigation, Lore, or Melee
- Background: At least one dot in Rituals
- Special: Gustav’s children must support the Inquisition. Those that don’t join are often seen providing political or military aid in some ways. This has never provided a get out of jail free card. In fact any of Gustav’s lineage looked at by the Inquisition draw increased interrogation and scrutiny.
- Merits: Many of Gustav’s childer possess either the Sanctified or Zealot merits.
- Special: As a member of the Orthodoxy and a Prisci, Gustav holds his childer at a high regard when it comes to spreading the ritae and the words of the Dark Church. Many of his childer are plucked from a religious life as missionaries or evangelists.
- Special: All members of Gustav’s lineage support the Ritae and the Church of Caine. Many are Ritual Freaks. Most seek the position of Pack Priest or higher within the Clergy.
- Member of the Prisci Council
- Pack: Fides Vincit Omnia
- Path: Power and the Inner Voice
- Faction: Orthodoxy
Titles and Accolades
- Prisci Council
- Founded the Inquisition