Name: Jack Carino Pisanob
Aliases: El Gallo
Sect: Independent Alliance
San Antonio has a long history of gambling and vice, and Jack Carino, El Gallo, knows it well... after all, he's the one that wrote the books. For over a century, Carino has managed both legal and illicit games of chance, making certain that the rules are held sacred, and that the house always win in the end. From secretive back-alley cock fights (from which he derived his reputation and name) to high stakes poker, if there's a game of chance where money is thrown or names are on the line, El Gallo is watching, and running the odds.
This attention to detail and mastery of chance attracted the attention of his true parentage, the Pisanob. With Carino at the helm of operations, the necromancers have managed to find a stream of revenue, both financial and influential, and boons are traded to the enigmatic gambler as often as chips or lines of credit. After all, an eternity becomes so boring... but the heart of excitement lives in the stakes laid on the line, and that heart beats with every roll of the dice.
- He is obviously on a Path of Enlightenment other than Humanity
- 1867 - Born 2 years after the American Civil war to a Mexican couple. Raised in the King William and Von Ormey.
- 1887 - Worked for Fannie Porter as a dealer in her brothel in San Antonio.
- 1889 - San Antonio Sporting District established by the San Antonio city council as a way to contain and regulate prostitution.
- 1895 - Gained the position of Floor Boss for a Gambling Parlor on Fannie Porter's recommendation
- 1906 - Through a bit of backroom maneuvering and, unbeknownst to him, vampiric help from a local Setite by the name of “Sweeney”, Jack managed to gamble and win the rights to the Gambling Parlor and renamed it the Capuchin Muerto. “Meet me at the Cap” enters local slang.
- April 4, 1907 - Proxy Kiss was authorized. Don Alfonso Pisanob helped Jack win and maneuver his way into owning the Capuchin Muerto.
- 1911 - The Sporting district provided the city with approximately $50,000 ($1,285,000 in current dollars) annually in licensing fees. This allowed Jack, and the Giovanni, to have a lot of influence over the City Council.
- 1930s - During the Great Depression, many of the higher-class prostitutes left the Sporting District in favor of working as call girls in hotels. Violent crimes and thefts increased in the area, destabilizing its influence over the city.
- 1941 - Sporting District is shut down by San Antonio Police Commissioner P.L. Anderson, with the strong approval of Major General Richard Donovan. This was more than likely through Camarilla influence.
- April 4, 1968 - Embraced by Proscopio Pisanob.
- April 4, 2000 - Given authority to Embrace Liliana Pisanob.
- June 3, 2002 - Escaped the assault on the Camarilla and Independants in San Antonio. Contacts his childe to assist “Smiley” with ensuring the escape of Don Alfonso Pisanob.
- 2002-2008 - Helps establish a safe base of operations for the Giovanni Clan within the San Antonio area
- 2011 - Becomes the Virago of the newly found Independent Alliance within San Antonio.
- (Insert Your Rumors Here)
- Uncle Jackie is always up for a good time, if you got the dough. He will bet on anything...Seriously. - Paddy Murphy
- "Quite observant, Master Virago, there is apparent honor among thieves. Fret not, yer childe is in good hands... all three. Oh, also, at the risk of cinematic cliche: /Never tell me the odds/" - Liam Dunsirn, Hatchet of San Antonio
- "What can I say about my father? I have fought and bled at his side against all enemies since he gave me the Kiss. In return he opened my eyes to pleasures I never imagined. Just be careful when he's in a gambling mood, he'll take the clothes from your back. Literally. - |Lily
- "He is as mercenary as I remember him. It's one of his more endearing traits. - Vengeance
- "I meet him in 2002 and seemed like to want everyone to do his work for him, and now I see him again and I get the feeling he is trying to hard to find thing out relax it will come" - Mad Dog Jack
- "Jack's quick mind is just what I needed to make this city interesting. Working by his side will no doubt bring him great honor from my Family." - GeGe Giovanni
- "Efficient and cunning. One would do well to consider every move you make when dealing with the young Jack." - Channon
- "Anything I wanted was a phone call away. Free cars. The keys to a dozen hideout flats all over the city. I bet twenty, thirty grand over a weekend and then I'd either blow the winnings in a week or go to the sharks to pay back the bookies." - Jaxon
- "Jack always manages to make things happen so smoothly around me that I barely notice what he's done - which speaks to a skill that I value greatly. Keep this one close, Don Alfonso. He is a diamond and tribute to your clan." - Djeserit al Malik, Doyen of Houston
- "When you're the House, there's nothing like having Jack run your books." - Lucy Giovanni
- "Your Quote" - Your Name
Inspiration & Influences
Player: Troll Sandoval
Player Email: Email Me
Storyteller: Michael Fricker
Storyteller Email: VST Email
Location: San Antonio, TX