Committed to the Movement
Johnny Dark is the front man and lead singer for the successful heavy and power metal band Golgotha, having risen to stardom over the last decade on a wave of over-the-top Satanic shock rock and an image of old school rock star decadence and destruction.
He is also an Anarch Caitiff who was embraced and left for dead at a rock festival several years ago, and since introduced himself to the Movement. He uses his skills and connections to help the Movement when he can, when he's not on tour or on a binge.
Johnny definitely embraces his lifestyle, ready to live his unlife for blood, drugs and rock and roll. He is up at the front of the stage, singing and thrashing while throwing horns like his heroes, worshipping the unholy trinity of Ozzy, Slash and Dio.
- Fame 3: Lead Singer and Guitarist for the metal band Golgotha
- Performance 5: Singing
- Personal Masquerade
Johnny grew up in the Midwest, the son of the Rustbelt catastrophe of the 20th century. Like many of his peers, he found what comraderie and escape he could in his music. He began playing music on cheap pawn shop guitars, while running small confidence scams and eventually talking his way to being a roadie and driver for several rock festivals. He was talented, but talent wasn't enough to get ahead in the music business alone; and he didn't have the connections to make it work. He played near empty shows in bars while paying the bills with a combination of roadie work, day labor and petty theft. He spent his other nights in a drunken and drugged-up stupor, ready to die young and live a good looking corpse.
He succeeded in a way. About a decade ago, he was embraced at an outdoor festival he had played as a second stage act, possibly a feeding gone bad that the lick in question tried to 'fix'. He woke up, made some bad choices and learned more about his condition than he cared to the hard way. He found his way into the Anarch Movement shortly after, but his career took off quickly as he discovered his powers to charm and control gave him a considerable advantage he never had before.
Since then, Johnny's star has been rising. He's embraced the image of his heroes - the metal musicians of the past and present - and taken it to another level. Smirking with the irony, he's become the shock rocker he had always wanted to be, the kind of musician that existed to make parents angry. He owns the stage, keeping the fires of his music burning. Because like him, heavy metal never dies.
- Crazy Train, Ozzy Osbourne
- Brick, is associated with Brick's mortal persona, having taken his band to his bigger wrestling shows and written several pieces of his walk-on music
- Ashton Hayes, Ashton has been a traveling companion and worked personal security for Johnny when he's on the road. Johnny has worked events supporting Ashton's advocacy and causes as well.
- He was made Architect over his own objections
- He gets sent to talk to elders and princes because the Anarchs like to make the stuffed shirts talk to a Caitiff
- What have you heard?
- "I'm a sucker for a musician. He gets the call of the road and all that. It helps that his stuff isn't garbage to listen to." - Alice
- "Man's a damn engaging musician, that's for sure. Not a bad guy to work with, either - it's nice not to travel alone all the time." - Ashton Hayes
- "Your quote." - Your Name
- I´m a king without a kingdom to rule
A lifetime in exile in the land of the fools
The scars that you gave me, they made me look cool
So I thank you for the demon.
Mustasch - Thank You For The Demon
- Every one of us has heard the call
Brothers of True Metal proud and standing tall
We know the power within us has brought us to this hall
there's magic in the metal there's magic is us all
Manowar - Metal Warriors
- Are you on the square?
Are you on the level?
Are you ready to swear right here, right now
Before the devil
Ghost - Square Hammer
- On the day of Rockoning
It's who dares, wins
You will see the jokers soon'll be the new kings
Lordi - Hard Rock Hallelujah