Katheryn Maria Benoit
Things Kindred Probably Know
Katheryn was a well known member of French court in Versailles.
She earned the title Duchess of Valois from King Louis XIV.
She stayed in France from 1677 until 1703.
She spent 1703 - 1918 in England.
She moved back to France from 1919 - 1945.
She was a Madam of several brothels and bordellos.
She moved to San Rafael, CA in 1945.
She became Primogen in 2007 for San Francisco.
She works for the San Francisco Opera in the costuming department.
She pours her heart and soul into the garments she crafts(absent sway).
She is very competitive.
She is a romantic.
- Clan: Toreador
- Sect: Camarilla
- Embraced: 1677
- Generation: Elder (8th)
- "Nothing is fairer than a rose cultivated in the Garden that was Versailles. This one is a shining example. Poised. Refined. Alluring. But distinctly possessing of thorns which wound...should they be necessary. Approach with caution, to be sure, and with all the respect such a rarity deserves." ~ Jean-Louis
- "Elder Benoit is the desert rose, but don't let the notion that a pretty flower is weak or incapable. It takes a lot of grit to survive in the desert, and the thorns....don't ever forget about those thorns." ~ Virgil Colfax
- "What can I say about Lady Katheryn; there are not words to describe what she means to me. She is my beloved golden hued dawn in these dark, sunless nights and the brightest star that ever graced the heavens. She was the one who opened my eyes to this world, my first taste of the ambrosia that is vitae. If you love me, it is because of her keen eye to pluck up the most striking flower in the garden. If you hate me, you now know who to blame. " ~Sébastien Delacroix
- "Katheryn Benoit is a not a flower so much as a gardener. She desires the world to be beautiful and so she invests energy to make it so, not relying on chance nor the laziness often attributed to such seekers. It is a rare trait, to have the will to enact real change. In that, the Lady is iron, and has my respect." ~ Amyntas
- " Lady Katheryn is ambitious, witty and a model of etiquette. She is a rare breath of fresh air at our too often stagnant courts." ~ Don Vittorio Cuoronero
- " Lady Katheryn is one who walks the walk that talks the talk when it comes to the better points of what it means to be a Toreador. She has far superior grace than most, recognizing that although I am a bit dusty, I am still a rose, nonetheless." ~Winifred Harriet Mickel
- "“I'd love to give her my heart, but since that might prove inconvenient, I've brought her everyone else's instead.” ~Elend Valentine
- "You Don't Own Me" ~ Lesley Gore
- "Terrible Things" ~ April Smith
- "Young and Beautiful" ~ Lana Del Rey
- "Primadonna" ~ Marina and the Diamonds
- "Love Me Like You Do" ~ Ellie Goulding