Keeper of the Faith
Keeper of the Faith
A small figure who shuffles around in a shapeless black robe, head bowed and obscured by the deep folds of its cowl. Her feminine movements and voice are all that remain of the person she once was.
To some Children of Caine, Constantinople was more than just another capital; and to three Methuselahs the city was a bastion of hope; a dream that if realized will survive until the Last Night. The city was built not just to rival Rome and Carthage, but to be a second Enoch as well. There is no record of where Dracon found the being who would become the Keeper of the Faith, but her purpose in Constantinople was to build and maintain a vast library there, accompanied by two childer called the Watchers whom she had Embraced to be her assistants. When Constantinople fell and the Triumvirate scattered, the Keeper of the Faith escaped with what portions of the library she could. It is no mystery that her existence since then has been focused on rebuilding the library and preserving it in perpetuity. She joined the Sabbat along with much of the rest of her clan, considering the Sect to be the most likely to keep her and her work safe.
In the modern nights she and her lineage collect, transcribe, and protect documents of lore. The location of the new Library, and presumably, her haven, is a closely guarded secret.
Time Frame for Embraces: 300 CE to 1204 CE, 1205 CE to 1700 CE Requirements:
- PC Sects/Factions: Sabbat
- Path: Any. Death and the Soul and Caine are common; Metamorphosis is unlikely because of lineage requirements.
- Skills: Lore and Linguistics at 3+
- Skills: Any of the following at 3+: Academics, Investigation, or Occult
- Traits: Must be Mental Primary (have more traits in the Mental category than others)
- Special: Those childer embraced between 300 CE to 1204 CE must have been embraced in Constantinople. Childer embraced after 1205 CE can have been embraced anywhere in Eastern Europe.
- Merits: Childer should have Keeper of a Sacred Text or Scholar of the Sword.