Khava appears as a lean, Middle-Eastern woman in her early 30’s with an athletic bearing, and yet with some slightly unnerving reptilian hints to her appearance. She wears modern, casual attire that would not be seen out of place on a military contractor or veteran. In private services or while in Set’s temples, she wears the scale armor of an ancient Egyptian charioteer.
Khava was an officer in the invading forces of the Neo-Assyrian Empire, which conquered the Pharaoh Taharqa’s forces and forced him into exile near the end of the 7th Century BCE. Khava was a skilled warrior, but was wounded following a skirmish near Tanis. Hearing tales of her exploits from her fellow soldiers, Wepwawet gave her a choice: serve the gods of Egypt and live eternal or die alongside her fellows. Khava chose the former, and in return for her dedication to Typhon-Set, she was given a new name and further martial training to master the gifts of the blood. Since then Khava has stood as one of the most ancient of Set’s warriors, and one of the earliest progenitors of the Viper lineage.
Khava has more or less remained in the Middle East and Egypt, only departing her temple charges in Egypt at the behest of her Sire or those High Priests that require her direct presence.
Time Frame for Embraces: 200 BCE to 1700 CE Requirements:
- PC Sects/Factions: Any, though most are Independent Alliance.
- Path: Any, most are on Typhon-Set.
- Traits: Must have more Physical Traits than any other Trait category.
- Skills: Must have two of the following at 3+: Athletics, Brawl, Dodge, Firearms, and Melee.
- Special: All of Khava’s childer who are in the Independent Alliance or Unaligned follow the Path of Typhon, having been relentlessly trained and tested by their Sire and Set’s temple masters. Those Vipers not among the Independent Alliance or Unaligned may follow a different path, but they are distrusted given they come from the martial line of Set’s premier zealot warriors.
- Flaw: Khava’s line shows itself in predatory physical ways, a trait possessed by their Sire that has passed on to her childer. All of Khava’s childer must take one or more of the following Flaws: Eerie Presence (Reptilian Features), Obvious Predator, or Grip of the Damned.
- Flaws (Sabbat or Anarch): Members of the Sabbat or Anarch Movement must take one or more of the corresponding Flaws: Infamous Brood (Any), Notoriety (Any), Dubious Loyalties (Anarch), or Mistrusted (Sabbat).
- Merits: Khava’s childer are universally Physical primary characters, having been Embraced as Vipers to be warriors for Set’s cause. As such all have some skill in physical combat, the following Merits are appropriate: Rugged, Skill Focus (Combat Ability), Slippery Customer, or Versatile (Physical Focus) are also common.