From Mind's Eye Society 2017 Wiki
“It is sometimes an appropriate response to reality to become insane”
— Phillip K. Dick
Name: Logan "Verdun" Van Velzor
Camarilla Position: Malkavian Primogen of Dallas
- Sarcastic as Being an Asshole
Physical Description: Logan, who appears to be in his late 20's, dresses always in formal wear with a vest. He is particularly known for his watches, of which he wears at least six. Rumor has it that each one has an interesting story
RP Role: Logan is a vehemently loyal member of the tower, using his, sometimes explosive, energy to help his brothers and sisters in the masquerade. Logan is known to be kind to caitiff, and especially defensive of those who are sometimes disregarded by the Camarilla. He knows this jeopardizes his image, but he is confident that friends in low places are often those at the height of honor.
Persona: Logan has always been one to use his words, and loves to joke around with even the most serious matters. Still, he often decorates his diction with metaphor and allusion, never settling on surface level semantics.
"If any of this ended in an explosion, I hoped it would be one that made us burn brighter, stronger than ever before."
Logan Van Velzor was born to Dutch immigrants to France in 1895. The family worked a small farm in Haudainville where they grew wheat and raised geese. Logan spent much of his time as a child exploring the nature around him, interacting with those hard working residents of Northern France. The sudden start of the First World War forced Logan out of the farm and into the battlefield. His fighting reached a climax in the Battle of Verdun. Nathan Alexander, a business man and Malkavian, found Logan close to death after the battle. Nathan decided that the only way to save the worn torn boy’s life was to take him back to Switzerland where he would have access to medicine and safety. There, Logan began to find an interest in watch making.
Logan later enrolled in Neuchâtel to seek a degree in chemistry. There, he met an American: Dean Lapis. Dean and Logan struck up a romantic relationship and informally married shortly after their graduation in 1928. The timing of such an affair, however, jeopardized their safety in war torn Europe, and the two pleaded with Nathan to leave Switzerland. In 1939, they did so. However, London was bombed during their departure and both Dean and Logan were badly wounded. Knowing his worth as a business partner, Nathan elected to embrace Logan in the embers of London. Dean, on the other hand, was not resuscitated.
Upon arriving in Louisiana, Logan and Nathan expanded their business. However, Nathan's connections quickly turned sour and he was forced to leave town at the behest of some unhappy customers. Given his absence, Logan decided to move nearer to an old friend in Dallas and engage with the Malkavian family. In September 2018, Logan became Primogen of the Dallas Malkavian family.
Quotes about Logan
- "A reasonable man, albeit a bit... Unstable. That said, a fine Primogen." - Gottfried Reinhardt
- "He speaks to Kindred like they are the lowest of idiots and broadcasts his many flaws so that his enemies can take note, then wonders why he is a target for successful attack." - Natalya Zabirov
- "Did you know that there's a Caitiff Rights Movement within the Camarilla? No? Well, let me introduce you to their primary advocate." - Noah Bauer
- "Logan is loyal, to his Friends and especially to the Tower. If you don't like something he's said, you're probably right but you've probably missed the point as well." - Alvie-D
- "Put something here!" - You
Rumors about Logan
- "One of these days, someone is going to realize the hard way how patient he's been. I hope I'm very far away when that happens"
Domain: Lone Star Nights (TX-058-D)
Player: Seth Knievel
Name: Seth Knievel
Member Number: US2018010015
Domain: Dallas, TX