Aliases: Muscato. His friends call him Luc. No one calls him Luca.
Muscato and the rest of the Syndicate have something of a dubious reputation among the Anarchs. The ruthlessness with which he pursues his obvious ambition seems to stand in the face of popular sentiment in The Movement, and his propensity to threaten and use violence coupled with a perceived disregard for human life unnerves those struggling to maintain their Humanity. He does nothing for free; every action taken on behalf of others benefits him, his people or The Movement somehow - there's not an altruistic bone in his body.
For all that, Muscato runs a tight ship; both as the leader of his gang and the Constable of Brooklyn. Fiercely independent, he's highly opposed to risking himself, his gang, or members of the militia in matters that fall under Camarilla jurisdiction unless adequately compensated, and he's made it known that neither he, nor his people, come cheap.
For decades, Muscato never spoke of his sire, nor claimed to be part of any lineage, other than to confirm that he was embraced in New York, and that many of the Brujah in his gang shared lineal ties. However, in the months following his return to the city, the enigmatic Elder Little Bird would resurface, claiming to be Muscato and Paladino's sire, and the childe of Elder Garvin McCarthy. While Muscato has never refuted his connections to these elders, his acceptance of them seems begrudging at best, and relations between them remain tense.
In the Lineage of
Word on the Street
- Muscato and the South Street Syndicate are only Anarchs of convenience. They only joined The Movement to have more freedom to do as they please without being beholden to a Prince, and really just look out for themselves.
- Muscato harbors a deep hatred of the Sabbat. He despises Sabbat defectors in The Movement, in particular members of clans and bloodlines traditionally associated with the rival sect. He takes a dim view of their active use of their blood-born abilities, referring to it as them using their 'Sabbat shit'.
- Muscato knew the former Prince of New York City, Jack Rider, when he was still an Anarch and views his tenure as Prince as a betrayal.
- Muscato and the rest of the Syndicate almost got into a brawl with Joseph Cobretti, the former Constable of Brooklyn. Two months later, Joey resigned and Muscato ran for the position unopposed.
- Muscato enjoys poaching gang members, ghouls and resources from other kindred as a means of exerting his dominance over them.
- Muscato never speaks about his sire.
- Muscato is violently opposed to the mere suggestion of a Brooklyn Charter or any other codified set of rules or laws.
- Feel free to add a rumor!
Quotes from Muscato
- "I didn't join The Movement to champion democracy or play caretaker to the kine. I'm an Anarch because I won't bend the knee to a prince, or anyone else for that matter, be they officers of the court or elders of my clan or lineage."
- "I'm not the Advocate's fucking secretary."
- "There's no sixth tradition in Brooklyn, nor any other charter or law stopping me from doing whatever I need to do in order to fulfill my duties and obligations."
Quotes About Muscato
- "A salty, obnoxious, cantankerous man whose mouth is surely going to get him killed one of these days, but also makes him extremely entertaining and oddly productive to work with." - Teri Raphael
- "I couldn't figure out to relate to Muscato at first. But then you see how he is with his family and you realize a lot of his shit is because he puts them over anything else. So now the hard part is--how do I get him to realize that all of his brothers and sisters of the Movement are family too?" - Kyle Morgan
- "Sure, I'll talk to him. But are you paying him to listen too? Because I'm not sure he's actually capable of it." - Mara Nordahl, former Sheriff of the City of New York
- "Muscato uses words the way he wields every object, concept, and, from what I've heard, Kindred in his vicinity: as blunt instruments. However, those who underestimate the power of a well-turned pen are the most likely to find themselves undone by one, without even the slightest understanding of what befell them." - Leon Astorio
- "Why does this kindred walk around with chains? I thought the point of being an Anarch was to break the chains. Well, at least he wears a shirt and I have heard he is a capable combatant" - Atticus
- "Muscato is young, passionate, and vocal. In many ways he's typically Anarch, but he's also very Brujah in a number of ways. I don't agree with his ideals, but I do appreciate his dedication to them." - Mila Rurik
- "To do what I do, you have to hold yourself to standards, and those standards can't all be internal. I need worthy people to act as check and balance, and a Constable is just that for an Advocate. It took almost a year to find the Constable that could stand beside me, and I need every drop of stubborn, pragmatic, cantankerous fire in him if this is going to work. I also need him to live, which may be the harder job in the long run." - Dottie Youngblood, Advocate of Brooklyn
- "I was not aware that the Constable's job was to ensure that the Anarch movement can abuse whichever humans they wish at any given point in time.." - Elijah Zacheaus
- "Wonderful lad. Very well-behaved. Pleasure to be around. Never causes his elders any heartache. Really, a Camarilla elder couldn't ask for a better Anarch than him." - Garvin McCarthy, Prince of New York City
- "Crowbar! Be cautious, wouldn't dismiss him as scary pile of muscles, I mean he is a scary pile of muscles, but unlike most he uses his brain sometimes. I grant him the abiding status of 'BAMF' Fuck yeah!" - Richard Holt
- "Theodore Roosevelt famously said 'Speak softly and carry a big stick', but Yosemite Sam said 'Well I speak LOUD! And I carry a BIGGER stick! And I use it, too!' I think we need look no further than the Merrie Melodies to discover the source of Constable Muscato's understanding of tact and diplomacy" - Bartleby Crane
- "Now there's a backbone I'll be looking out for with great interest..." - Thaddeus Moreau, Prince of Montreal
- "Someone who like isn't like clinging to Libertas as like the reason they didn't like question like why the fuck like their leaders are like doing some way questionable shit. Like color me like halfway in love." - Karma, Brujah Primogen of Austin
- "By all means add a quote!" - Name