Name: Madeleine Tonnerre
Clan: Daughter of Cacophony
Social Class: Elder (Luminary)
Lineage: La Maison de Rossignols (Matriarch)
Sobriquets: La Tonnerre, Maîtresse (if you're lucky), Grandmamma (only to family)
Acknowledged as a member of the Camarilla
Confirmed as an Elder of the Camarilla
Established as an Elder of the Camarilla
Privileged as an Elder of the Camarilla
Honorable by the word of Cecily Jasper, Mistress Harpy of San Francisco
Courteous by the word of Julia Antasia, Methuselah of Clan Ventrue
Courteous by the word of Eletria, Methuselah of Clan Toreador
Madeleine Tonnerre is a tallish, voluptuous woman with gray-green eyes and long, brown curls. She wears full-length dresses and skirts almost exclusively, sticking to flowing fabrics and cuts that allow for easy breathing for singing. She keeps her heels low and a folding fan in a convenient pocket. She usually speaks gently with a moderate-to-heavy accent that sounds somewhat French, but is muddled with Maltese. She is generally jovial in demeanor... until she isn't, and then her displeasure rolls off her in waves that have been known to part crowds and scatter enemies to the four winds before she even opens her mouth.
Madeleine has pledged her allegiances to the Ivory Tower since 1671, when she entered the Accounting of Amyntas. After her Release as a member of the Camarilla in good standing in 1697, she drifted between several courts throughout Europe, never calling one place home for very long until 1814, when she joined the coterie of Kindred who would help establish the domain of Malta. When the praxis was deemed legitimate and official in 1842 under the leadership of Cyneward the Mercian, she made a place for herself as the harpy of Malta, where she remained until stepping down in 1920. She left Malta for America in 1934, spending her first years on the East Coast until 1946, where Amyntas' call for aid in retaking San Francisco from the Anarchs brought her forth. When San Francisco returned to Camarilla hands in 1974, she chose to remain.
Madeleine also made an appearance at the Chicago Blood Accords.
- Olivia Collins - Prior to Madeleine's installation as Harpy of Malta, Olivia served to keep records for members of that enterprising coterie. The two first crossed paths when Olivia ensured historical debts were safely placed into La Tonnerre's hands. Beyond that, at the Austin Founder's Day, Olivia made gift of a book of poetry, some which have been set to music over the years. Only a very few over the span of centuries have been know to receive poems of the Ilyfr's choosing. What that portends remains to be seen.
- Gaius Cornelius Scipio The Romans love and appreciate cultural beauty in all its forms. It is no different with Lady Madeleine. The sweet melody of her song can tame even this beast's savage heart.
- Salomé St. John - Though more fond of the written word, the oral traditions of stories and history through song nevertheless is of interest to the Tremere Loremaster.
- Paris Devoreux - One of the loveliest people i have ever met, caring and a voice that can shatter your soul... figuratively and litterally... 💋
- Darien Grey - During Madeleine's time as Harpy of Malta, she took Darien under her wing and mentored him to one day become a harpy himself. She proved to be instrumental during his Accounting and anyone who's met him can tell that a great Diva par excellence must have had a hand in molding the diva Darien.
- Your Name if you're an ally or friend - add your info here!
- Your Name if you're an enemy or rival, past or present - add your info here!
Madeleine is the progenitor of the Cacophonist lineage La Maison des Rossignols, or the House of the Nightingales.
- Madeleine Tonnerre
- Anastasia Mearou
- "The future was made possible by people like Elder Tonnerre. But unlike many of her peers - she realizes the next Generation must be cultivated; honed. They must practice and be guided by those with skill greater than their own. Otherwise - why did they fight for the future at all?" -Simon Flint
- "Elder Tonnerre is the epitome of grace and class. A paragon of our kind, she is what all kindred should aspire to." -Lucas Pope
- "My goodness she is gorgeous. She has an equally beautiful voice, and a glittering personality to match. So much talent gifted to such an exceptional woman. Elle est magnifique!" - Katheryn Maria Benoit
- "Unfounded fear and loathing was her origin, and there were many voices that would regale her now that in centuries past were blinded by fear and loathing to see her promise and her bravery. Of the many kindred I have taught, the multitude of kindred that I have held at one point under my wing, I have never seen such natural courage. Though she might thank me for my part of it, I am unsure if she knows that the honor was entirely mine." - Amyntas
- "Madeleine is an epitome of the greatest single conceit among the Kindred; that if you cover a monster in sufficient layers of talent, beauty, and manner, it ceases to be a monster. She is a glittering and beautiful music box, a Grecian Aphrodite brought to witty life, a lilting lifeline for the sunken soul. She is all these things, and she is also what lies at the core of them all; I have seen every face." - Augustin de Aragón
- " I have known Elder Madeleine for over three centuries and she never ceases to amaze with her golden throat, her beauty, and the skill at which she can throw shade at the well deserving. It is a treat to see her perform in any capacity. " -Sébastien Delacroix
- " An enchanting companion with a mesmeric voice, Mademoiselle Tonnerre’s true gift is with words. Her ability to alternately caress with a velvet glove and chasten with a steel gauntlet can offer a balm to a weary soul or a withering assault upon the foolish, as the situation dictates. This is her first strength, oft concealed behind her soaring octaves… " -Alain Martel
- "Mi Vocce Bella. Have you never heard Madeleine's rendition of 'Tu Che Le Vanita'? You must. The tears, they flowed... " -Don Vittorio Cuoronero
- "B is like totally a Boticelli." -Karma
- "Elder Tonnerre is a delight to behold and I look forward to future soirees with her." -Prince Rikard Bouwman
- "There is a stark contrast to my moments of musicality and to what Mlle. Tonnerre does. What I do is mere humming compared to the orchestra that flows out of this creature. I can't even look at her! Seriously! You should never look into the sun, y'all." - Kweene
- "When I first heard her sing, I wept. For to my ancient ears, she was Venus incarnate, and her song enraptured my soul." - Gaius Cornelius Scipio
- "She has imparted upon me the most important lesson of all. 'Remember who you are and where you come from.' I don't even think she realizes how much it's shaped me. I adore her, to this day, for such a simple bit of complete wisdom." - Donzella Costigan
- "Men should beware the sirens, lest you find yourself smashed against the rocks of their will." - Salomé St. John
- "L'existence de cette grande dame me trouble; malgré la piètre opinion que nous avons de sa lignée et de ses dons, cette Luminaire est la personnification d'une main de fer dans un gant de velours." - Thaddeus Moreau
- Words like scalpels. Lady Tonnerre is where I learned how. - Jimmy Kincaid
- Should be credited with making me the kindred I am tonight - Æthered “The Ancilla”
- Her music is utterly captivating. It is not often that I am moved to tears in a public setting... but hearing her sing, how could I not be? - Advocate Alenzia Komnenos
- "When she isn't being a meddlesome old harpy, she's a magnificient correspondent and friend." - Jack Rider
- "She is loyal to family, even family that have left. February 14th, I will have a drink in her honour for the Feast of Váli" - Brynjar Hrafnsen
- "A kind woman with an absolutely stellar voice. It's hard to believe that she was one of the ones I hid from in terror for the past century, but I've chosen to hope her kindness is genuine. Time changes us all, I'd be a hypocrite if I held a grudge." -Cassius Wilde
- "When you meet Grandmother, be respectful, be polite and remember that her tongue lashings are not a metaphor. Should you be so lucky as to survive her scolding, you will not survive my displeasure." -Maksim Volk
- "Wow, what incredible pipes! I never believed in angels until I hear Madame Tonnerre sing. It was awe-inspiring. I think I have found my muse." - Archon of Justicar
- Quotey quote quote. - Quotey Person
- She is sitting on a life boon from a Methuselah - some say, it's one of the oldest boons ever recorded.
- She was one of a set of triplets, and when she was Embraced, she killed both her sisters.
- When the men were purged from the Daughters of Cacophony two centuries ago, she had the highest number of kills out of any other Siren at the time.
- After leaving Malta, Cyneward the Mercian couldn't even look at her if they were in the same room. When he died, she sang "Love Song for a Vampire" by Annie Lennox in tribute, but could not finish the song due to her immense grief.
- She put an elder Toreador in the ground in the 1940s, complete with a garden stake so he can grow straight and strong once more. He has yet to awaken.
- At the Chicago Blood Accord signing, she sang "Empty Chairs at Empty Tables" from Les Misérables.
- With but a single word from her, a Tremere fled her presence in Austin.
- Her mellifluous voice has been known to make Ventrue Lords war upon each other.
- Her voice rises an octave (or two) when she sees a certain corgi...
- A group of hunters ambushed her and trailed her for a week. None survived.
- The recent Jyhad has made her make peace with her most strident rival.
- Insert rumors here
- The Dowager Countess, Downton Abbey
- Plavalaguna, The Fifth Element
- Annie Lennox
- La Llorona (the myth, not the Justicar)
- The Countess, American Horror Story: Hotel
- Olenna Tyrell
I am the point of contact for La Maison de Rossignols. If you are interested in adding yourself to this lineage, please contact me!
Wiki code initially created by Erica Schoonmaker and modified by me. Need some wiki help? Ask her! She might have time. I'm crap at building from scratch; I just know what stuff to change in a pre-existing template.
Character photo credit: MESCON 2017 Photo Team