Mandalay’s tall lanky frame is covered in layers of robes and his face is concealed by a mask that hides everything save his eyes, including the one on his forehead.
Mandalay was and is obsessed with death. During his mortal years his obsession led him out of the Carpathian Mountains in the hopes of learning as many traditions, stories, and rituals about death and burial as possible. In the pripet swamps in what would become Lithuania, Mandalay sought out a terrifying being called the Red Hag. What they discussed is unknown, but Mandalay’s obsession and thirst for knowledge only increased after the Embrace. He travelled south and sought out the Cappadocians, earning the right to study with them through earnest and respectful persistence. He was present for the Feast of Folly and did everything he could to protect his allies, but against insurmountable forces, he was forced into hiding and torpor. When he woke, he turned all his determination and curiosity to discovering the truth of the Giovanni betrayal, and having done so, attempting to find a way to reach the Cappadocians imprisoned in the Shadowlands. He failed in his efforts, but succeeded in drawing the Giovanni’s ire yet again, and willingly entered torpor again. He woke when the Red Star appeared and the Harbingers of Skulls returned.
Ever cautious of further assassination attempts by the Giovanni, Mandalay keeps his movements a strict secret, even from his childer.
Time Frame for Embraces: 100 CE to 1340 CE, 1365 CE to 1680 CE Requirements:
- PC Sects/Factions: Sabbat (Neo-feudalists) or Unaligned (Autarkis)
- Path: Any, though most are on Death and the Soul
- Skills: Any two of the following at 3+: Academics, Investigation, Linguistics, Lore, Medicine, or Occult
- Special: Must be on agreeable terms with Harbingers of Skulls
- Flaw: The hatred of all Giovanni is ingrained in his childer. They must take Intolerance: Giovanni.
- Special: Should be a Medium, practicer of Necromancy or learned to follow Death and the Soul