Matthew Kyle Waters is an exuberant Rokea Dimwater who, despite his achievements, still has the perpetual air of being a college surfer bro. Kyle is from a middle-class family from Atlanta, Georgia and despite the long trek, would spend many weekends and vacations at the beach. While others might expect him to be dimwitted and uncouth, Kyle instead is passionate, intelligent, loyal, and deeply concerned about those he sees, for whatever reason, as being unjustly suppressed by society, mundane or supernatural. Kyle wants to use his abilities, strength, and privilege to educate others and allow for more diverse voices and stories to be heard.
- Has a PhD in Biology. Kyle publishes mainly on Marine Biology and Animal Behavior.
- Kyle is an emerging lifestyle Instagram celebrity. He mainly shares surfing and outdoors photos showing how to enjoy, and respect, Nature.
- Betweener Camp
Long Fins: Kyle stands at about 6'2" and has a messy mop of sun-bleached brown hair. He has a huge, toothy grin and large green eyes. His athletic build belies his intelligent mind and warm heart.
Standing Jaws: Standing at nearly 10 feet tall, Kyle is a monstrous figure of teeth, fins, and claws.
Swiming Jaws: Sitting at 220 lbs and stretching 7'6", Kyle's skin takes on the blue shine of a bullshark
- February 22nd, 1985: Matthew “Kyle” Waters is born in Atlanta, Ga.
- July 27th, 1992: Kyle’s mother, a Rokea Betweener, is killed while the family is on vacation by a slew of squamus.
- May 20th, 2003: Kyle graduates High School. Kyle spends his childhood and early adult life thinking he is just a Rokea kinfolk like his father.
- August 20th, 2003: Kyle goes to attend the University of Florida, where he meets Harry Harris and recognizes him as a Fera. Kyle takes it upon himself to introduce Harry to other Fera and kinfolk he knows, Derrek Brooks, Jackie love, and Crystal Anderson, who are also at the University.
- June 3rd, 2007: Kyle graduates and the pack decides to stay at the University to finish their PhDs.
- June 1st, 2009: Kyle finally has his first change and begins his long swim.
- June 2009-September 2009: Kyle leaves the mainland near Jacksonville, FL and begins his long swim. He stays off the east coast of Florida during this time.
- October 2009-February 2010: Kyle spends time in the waters near the Bahamas and the Florida Keys.
- March 2010-June 2010: Kyle spends time in the Caribbean Sea, mostly near Cuba, Jamaica, and Haiti.
- July 2010-January 2011: Kyle spends time in the Gulf of Mexico. He finishes his long swim and returns to land near Cedar Key, FL.
- January 1st, 2011: Kyle returns from his long swim and the pack celebrates for days.
- May 14th, 2011: Kyle is able to graduate by using the information he gained while on his long swim about marine animal behavior and spending many sleepless nights with his pack, who help him catch up so he could graduate with the rests of them as Phds/JDs.
- October 20th, 2012: Kyle grapples an escaping enemy, preventing it from fleeing and causing more harm; he earns the deed name "Hangs Ten" to mark this event.
- April 17th, 2015: To earn his second rank, Kyle discovers a lost song in the Umbra about the Mokolé and is able to bring it back to share with others.
- July 14th, 2017: Harry brings the pack to Atlanta.
- "I am not sure what to make of him yet but I will see what the future holds. I am more partial and used to traditional Rokea." - Priscilla Lamnidae
- "Is a quiet but intelligent one" Undertow of Pain