Oliver Charles Bishop
"This world can only be saved if we are willing to sacrifice everything. Death is cheap... our bill must be paid in different coin."
Concept: What does it mean to give up everything for what is right?
Full Name: Oliver Charles Bishop
Deed Name: Truth & Consequences, sometimes T & Cs for short (some teasingly refer to him as Terms & Conditions due to his attorney background).
Tribe: Shadow Lord
Auspice: Judge/Phildox (Half Moon)
Camp: Judges of Doom
Pack: Alpha of Seven Samurai
Sept: Sept of the Reach
Sept Position: Truthcatcher of the Auspice Council
Apparent Age: 36
Place of Birth: Brooklyn Heights, New York
Date of Birth: November 23rd, 1980
Nationality: African-American and Afro-Slavic
Notable Traits: Tall, reasonably attractive man of African descent. Thoughtful warm eyes, incredibly charismatic demeanor. Deep baritone voice that often grows softer as tensions arise. For those born true, an extremely important and obvious fact is that Bishop is among those who survived the "Bite", and as a member of the Bitten he does give off an discomforting sensation to natural born changers. He has recently been granted (taken) possession of a Grand Klaive of the Shadow Lord tribe, a weapon called Terminus Est. Bishop is known to be a licensed attorney capable of operating throughout North America.
Homid Physical Description: Oliver Bishop is a tall solidly built man with the dark skin of his African heritage but the sharp features and almond shaped eyes of traces of Slavic ancestry. Topping 6' 3" and weighing in at 220 lbs, he tends to go with a neatly trimmed beard and goatee and a shaved head. Bishop tends to dress either in dark tailored business suits, white shirt with a white tie; or in street clothes comprising black jeans, leather jackets and t-shirts.
Crinos Physical Description: In the war form Bishop stands 12’ tall and weighs about 1600 lbs. His midnight fur shows few scars and wounds and almost absorbs the light due to its dark hue.
Lupus Physical Description: He stands 27” at the shoulder. The total length is 50” including the tail of 14”. The body weight 63 pounds. His coat is long and soft; the fur is black and completely unmarked by any semblance of color. His muzzle is sharp and wide; built wiry and lean for climbing and scrambling rather than running.
Known to the Nation
Mundane: Oliver grew up in a relatively affluent area of New York, his family having strong connections both at home in the US and abroad. His father's family is of some modest note in certain political and activist circles on the East Coast while his mother's people have connections of similar (if competing) arenas in Europe. He attended great schools (George Washington University and Harvard School of Law), practiced law for a few years between 05 and 09 before entering public service in a few departments in the U.S. Government. Oliver transitioned from public to private practice as a Crisis Management professional in 2011 while at the same time marrying and having two children. While his work has been officially confidently, it is rumored that he has been involved in a number of trouble shooting assignments dealing with mitigating fallout from political scandals in the D.C. area during 2012 to 2014. Sadly, after becoming extremely ill in 2014 he became estranged from his wife, resigned from his practice on the East Coast and has recently moved to the Pacific Northwest to join a law firm there, Laskaris, Martin, and Carey, LLP.
Garou: Oliver Bishop was born the scion and product of two relatively powerful family lines in the Shadow Lord Tribe, both with kinfolk and Garou placed in key areas of power throughout Europe and the Eastern USA. His success as an asset and influential contact in the political machine of the D.C. area was extremely valuable to his father's side of the family while not necessarily profiting his mother's side. After having two daughters who themselves tested positive for the Garou genetic marker, he became even more influential as an agent until he was caught in the crossfire of maneuvering between his two families. During 2014 as the Nation became aware of the Bitten plague, he was "volunteered" as a test subject, someone who had the capabilities to be a strong candidate for the change but who was written off as expendable by his mother's line. Oliver however survived, his successful change was celebrated by his father's line and he it is rumored that he was shepherded through the ranks of Cliath and Fostern with their influence. In 2016, it is said that his mother's line manipulated him into testing for Adren with the express purpose of sending him on a suicide mission. Oliver was sent on a quest to seek out confirmation that a pack of Garou Elders and Athro last seen in the Appalachian Mountains had been killed in action. The pack, called "Thousand Cuts", had gone on a dangerous mission into territory thought to be held by minions of the Wyrm and had been lost. The pack alpha was an elder Shadow Lord Philodox by the name of Pays-the-Blood-Price, this was the same Garou who had delivered the bite to Oliver in 2014. This elder had in his possession a weapon fetish of note, and so Oliver along with a few others were sent on an extremely dangerous mission to find and confirm their deaths. To the surprise of many, Oliver along with a few members of the party returned with the remains of most of the fallen pack along with the fetish. After a closed-door session within the Shadow Lords it was decided that Oliver was to be deemed successful in his challenge and in an extremely contentious decision the fetish, a Klaive Weapon of great power was to be given to his keeping until he proved unworthy of it. He was then again "volunteered" to move across the country to the Pacific Northwest to assist in the founding of a seed caern there, with instructions to form a new pack and build his own legacy. Thus 2017 finds him in a new locale surrounded by strangers waiting for him to fail.
Item of Note: Bishop has been in the possession of an item of great power associated with his Tribe, rumor has it that previously it belonged to the Garou that "bit" him, the now deceased Elder Shadow Lord Philodox Metis, Pays-the-Blood-Price. Crafted sometime around the 18th century of dark steel in the form of a "Bardiche" or short handled poleaxe with a single broad blade, legends say that this Klaive was crafted specifically for the purpose of dispensing summary judgement on those who committed atrocities against the Litany of the Garou. The weapon was named Terminus Est, which translates from Latin into "end of the line", and has been in the care of the Shadow Lord Tribe (specifically those calling themselves the Judges of Doom) since its creation. Crafted by a now forgotten Fetish forger, this *epic* weapon has seemingly been bound and dedicated to Grandfather Thunder's brood and the few tales of those not of the Shadow Lords to take possession of the axe... do not end well for them.
Pack - "Seven Samurai"
PACK TOTEM: Dedicated to Clashing Boom Boom
- Oliver Charles Bishop, Adren Homid Shadow Lord Philodox - Pack Alpha
- Andrew “Drew” Brennan, Fostern Homid Glasswalker Ahroun - Branded as Dishonorable
- Father Seth Fairfax, Cliath Homid Stargazer Theurge - Branded as Reckless
- "Silent" Eddie Sullivan, Fostern Homid Ratkin Tunnel Runner - Branded as PENDING
- Carl, Cub Homid Child of Gaia Galliard
- Lori' PC - To Be Determined
- All of Oliver's rank challenges were extremely easy based on his tribe's influence.
- The Shadow Lords having been trying to have Oliver killed since he was a kinfolk.
- Oliver is on the West Coast because he is one of the best political minds of his generation.
- Since becoming a Werewolf, Oliver has been having an affair with a Silver Fang.
- From time to time, Oliver dresses like a vagrant and wanders the alleys and back streets, searching for something...
- Someone in the Shadow Lords has put a Grand Klaive in his possession in attempt to get him fail visibly.
- Oliver is on the West Coast because he asked to many questions of the wrong people.
- Is really uncomfortable around the Sharks.
(Add your PC's quotes here.)
- "Bishop is an effective communicator. He has abilities to understand and explain logical imperatives in ways that I cannot. His efforts are appreciated when the audience only wants to ask about "collateral damage."" - Dr. Strangelove
- "He's good at making words mean what he wants them to mean - and for a Philodox that's killer." - Burns like Truth
- "He come's from a honorable line of Shadowlords. I watched him as he completed his Rite of Passage and I'm proud to call him a brother in arms in service to Gaia." - Clickbait
- "No you dink, I'm not saying that there aren't rumors that the guy is trouble. I'm not even saying that all of those rumors are wrong. What I AM saying is that, someday, you or people you know may need to rely on Bishop to get some desperate stuff done. And you won't appreciate him as he does it. But he WILL do it. Oh, and you may not know this, but my father used to deliver crystal balls door to door, and some of that must have rubbed off. Because I see your future is full of misfortune if you keep talking shit about him." - Jack
- "I really haven't spoken directly to Truth & Consequences. I'm not sure he's really noticed I'm there yet. I admit I've been a little apprehensive this Shadow Lord coming in with his pack and his powerful klaive. I thought he would try to muscle his way to power over the sept. But he's impressed me with his repeated willingness to listen and speak through issues and defer to those more knowledgeable than him in particular situations. I'm sure there's a lot of story surrounding him. Maybe one day he'll tell some of them." - Catalin Corbeanu
- "I enjoyed having a deep conversation with this one. To see some so interested to better understand us and how we can work along side them shows the advancement their Nation can make to understanding, though sadly, gems like this wolf are few and far between. If more learned to be like this one, they may have a chance." - Priscilla Lamnidae
- "We knew each other in the days back-before we joined the Nation, a pair of not-so-strange bedfellows - my accent and success made Oliver's moneyed-class clients feel good about their donations; Oliver made sure a chunk of that money made its way to my streets. Negotiatin' with him was a highlight of my advocacy days and I like to think I gave as good as I got." - Willadeen
- "He's competent, good for business, and does the wolf-thing well too. Good for him." - Collyn Laskaris
- "Ah, yes, the Truthcatcher, a hard man with a hard-on for his hard decisions. Child, let me tell you a secret: No depth of gravity can make foolish rules wise." - 'Spector
- "Stuff" - To Be Determine
Associates (Both Friend & Foe)
(Leave your name here if you know him!)
- Winston "The Wolf" Wolfe ("Pulp Fiction", Film)
- The Operative ("Serenity", Film)
- Olivia Pope ("Scandal", Television)
- T'Challa,aka The Black Panther (Various, Film/Animation/Comics)
- Wu Tang Clan (Various, Musican)
- Nick Naylor ("Thank You for Smoking", Film)
- Jay Z (Various, Musician)
- “You gotta be a wolf to catch a wolf.” - Alonzo Harris (Training Day : Film)
- “Get it straight buster - I'm not here to say please, I'm here to tell you what to do and if self-preservation is an instinct you possess you'd better fucking do it and do it quick. I'm here to help - if my help's not appreciated then lotsa luck, gentlemen.” - The Wolf (Pulp Fiction : Film)
- “A leader, like a shepherd, he sends his fastest nimble sheep, out front. And the others will follow. While the shepherd, he walk quietly behind... Now he's got the stick, and the cane, and he'll use it! If he has to. But most times he doesn't have to. He moves the whole herd quietly.” -Bumpy Johnson (American Gangster : Film)
- “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” - Elbert Hubbard
- “Only the dead have seen the end of the war.” — George Santayana
- “I'm a gladiator in a suit.” - Olivia Pope (Scandal : Television)
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” — Michael Jordan (Athlete)
- “When written in Chinese, the word crisis is composed of two characters -- one represents danger, and the other represents opportunity.” — John F. Kennedy (U.S. President)
- “There is no crueler tyranny than that which is perpetuated under the shield of law and in the name of justice.” — Charles de Montesquieu (Historical)
- “It's not what you know, it's what you can prove.” - Alonzo Harris (Training Day : Film)
- “I believe in something greater than myself. A better world. A world without sin.” — The Operative (Serenity : Film)
- “If a problem can't be solved within the frame it was conceived, the solution lies in reframing the problem.” ― Brian McGreevy (Author)
- “Take a breath. Keep your head still, maintain eye contact. Just answer what was asked of you; if you go off on a tangent it will look unreliable.” - Olivia Pope (Scandal : Television)
- “The loudest one in the room is the weakest one in the room.” - Frank Lucas (American Gangster : Film)
- “Chaos was the law of nature; Order was the dream of man.” — Henry Adams (Author)
- “I'm a monster. What I do is evil. I have no illusions about it, but it must be done.” — The Operative (Serenity : Film)
- “That's the beauty of argument, if you argue correctly, you're never wrong.” — Nick Naylor (Thank You for Smoking : Film)
- “Every man builds his world in his own image. He has the power to choose, but no power to escape the necessity of choice.” — Ayn Rand (Author)
- “Secrets are not my concern. Keeping them is.” — The Operative (Serenity : Film)
Da Mystery Of Chessboxin' - Wu-Tang Clan
The Big Payback - James Brown
Change Gone Come - Sam Cooke
Good Man Raphael Saadiq
Woke Up This Morning - Alabama 3
C.R.E.A.M. - Wu-Tang Clan
Red Right Hand - Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds
Long Live the Chief - Jidenna
Radioactive - Imagine Dragons
Way Down We Go - Kaleo
Roc Boys (And The Winner Is)... - Jay-Z
Protect Ya Neck (The Jump Off) - Wu-Tang Clan
Classic Man - Jidenna