Pelagon is a heavily muscled warrior of Greek heritage. He wears modern attire, presumably to blend in when in public, but his eyes betray a less aggressive outlook than his presence may otherwise suggest.
After the Battle of Sebastopolis, Jamal stayed behind after Muhammad ibn Marwan's victory and heard tell of a warrior named Pelagon who was able to master the arts of war and peace. Pelagon adapted quickly to vampiric life and was soon given chances to lead groups of Assamites and their human counterparts in defense of the Clan's holdings, proving himself equally capable at ensuring their town and city strongholds were well supplied, maintained, and defended. He never converted to Islam, holding to the beliefs of his mortal years, though he found great merit in the social responsibility and austere stoicism espoused by the faith. As the centuries moved on, he spent less time on the battlefield and more behind the walls of Alamut, working with Viziers and occasionally Sorcerers to design better defenses and better ways to break through defenses used by the Clan’s enemies. Having gone into torpor in the mid-nineteenth century, he awoke shortly before ur-Shulgi's return. Dissatisfied with the state of the clan, he nonetheless found ur-Shulgi's solution to be unacceptable and against the teachings of Haqim. After the death of Jamal, whom he respected greatly, and then the deaths of several of his childer who refused to give up their faith, he turned his back on Alamut.
Pelagon has left the Mountain over religious and dogmatic differences. He was rumored to have returned to his homeland, but has been sighted in many locations including the United States. He is often rumored to be behind modern defections from the Mountain.
Time Frame for Embraces:
- 800 CE to 1700 CE.
- 800 CE to 1700 CE.
- PC Sects/Factions: Any, except Unaligned (Mountain Loyal)
- Path: Any. Paths of Blood, Heaven, or Humanity are common.
- Skills: One of the following at 3+: Crafts, Leadership, or Performance.
- Special: Childer of Pelagon must provide any and all assistance to Assamites of the Mountain who wish to become Dispossessed. As ur-Shulgi’s plans become more apparent, there will be more and more who need asylum from the Mountain and the time for shedding Clan’s blood has not yet come.
- Skills: Pelagon does not suffer mavericks within his line. His lineage should always think before they act and work together to make sure that any actions taken do not lead to harm or death of a Haqim-loyal Assamite.