Sayif appears as a fit, bearded, broad-shouldered Middle Eastern man with distinctive facial tattoos, a relic of his Mamluk past. He prefers modern business suits or tactical gear and always dresses appropriately to the occasion and goal.
Sayif Ad-Din was a Mamluk slave soldier under Saladin himself during his conquest of the Middle East and clashes with European Crusaders in the Holy Land. A veteran of various battles, the brawny warrior caught the attention of the ancient Wepwawet after Saladin’s military conquest of Egypt. Always one to see value in those beyond Egypt’s borders, he corrupted and Embraced the Mamluk soldier as a warrior for Set. Sayif Ad-Din was instrumental in maintaining the safety of Setite holy sites throughout the Middle Ages, and helped establish strong roads of influence among the Bahri Dynasty and Mamluk Sultanate up until the coming of the Ottoman Empire. After that, Sayif traveled as needed in service to various temples, including those in the New World.
Outside of Egypt, Sayif is one of the most visible Elder Vipers in the Independent Alliance. Sayif and his childer are often sent on short term direct action missions, protection details outside of holy Egypt, and clandestine activities. His current activities are unknown, but it is clear that he remains active in the affairs of the Independent Alliance and that he provides service to a variety of Set’s courts and temples outside of Egypt.
Time Frame for Embraces: 1275 CE to 1700 CE Requirements:
- PC Sects/Factions: Independent Alliance.
- Path: Path of Typhon-Set.
- Traits: Childer must have more Physical or Mental Traits than Social Traits.
- Skills: Must have two of the following at 3+: Athletics, Brawl, Dodge, Firearms, or Melee.
- Special: Those chosen by Sayif were often soldiers, spies, and agents with similar aptitudes, a sense of daring, and disciplined social mores. The following Merits and Flaws are common among his childer: Arcane, Code of Honor, Daredevil, Lucky, Reputation, Overconfident, and Prey Exclusion.
Special: Sayif’s childer with Mental Primary attributes often receive training in Obfuscate and Stealth. The most gifted are shown the secrets of Akhu, taking the Merit Setite Sorcery, and focusing on Paths and Rituals that would be of aid on the battlefield.