| Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable...
Siegrid appears to be in her mid-thirties with sharp, Nordic features. Her eyes are an unnatural, eerie blue that have an ice-like sheen and there is a permanent chill that seems to follow where she goes. She is typically seen in a heavy leather coat and seems to be the most comfortable in the eye of a storm.
Siegrid is one who comes off with a force of purpose and teetering on that edge of violence. She has no patience nor tolerance for those who waste her time, and even less care for traditional social decorum. She enjoys speaking with and mentoring younger kindred, often challenging them by playing devil's advocate to test their beliefs, believing firmly that all should stand for the strength of their convictions, either by the strength of their word or the strength of their fists. Family and Honor are the tenants she lives by.
Like her mother, Siegrid seems to be at the center of major uprisings and conflicts. She held Praxis in Chicago and led a campaign against the Sabbat until the signing of the Blood Accord. Once Chicago was freed from their influence, she stepped down for the next generation.
Brothers in Arms
Myths and Legends
- Once set part of Munich on fire to burn a witch
- The first elder convert to the "Modern Code of Brotherhood"
- Siegrid was fae touched before Embrace, which is why she carries the cold with her.
- Causes spontanious humming in Canadian Kindred who hear her full name.
- The tattoo on her neck is actually a Mage's curse mark
- She is not just paying homage to the old Gods. She is Freja. In modern times she rides a Harley into battle shaped like a large boar.
- Is getting married to her beloved.
- Is actually secretly in love with an unknown Ventrue Lord.
- Drinks only the fearful cold sweat of Ventrue to rouse her in the evenings.
- Bribed a certain anarch to help kill the ex-Prince of Chicago, with free pizza.
- Orchestrated the assassination of Desmond Aldred.
- Harbors deeply heretical thoughts, but remains unassailable by her foes...for now.
- There are murmurs that she protected her Lineage from Sanctuary because she knew they were coming for Mowebary in Chicago.
- add your own!
- "Having completed the calculation, she has more than repaid me my ship, with interest. Now, we'll see if she can maintain my interest." - Elijah Zacheaus
- "An Irish poet said it finest: 'The best lack all conviction, while / the worst are full of passionate intensity." - Anaïs Palomer
- "She shines as brightly as any star, and always finds her way back, no matter the distance. She is my balance within my clan, and my dearest companion throughout the long nights." - Mila Rurik
- "I arranged for her rescue, before she fully knew the measure of patience. I made a point to instruct her of the value of it. I call her friend despite her millennial struggle to fully appreciate that lesson, but she has learned better to pick her moments best in both politics and violence." - Carden d'Vergobret
- "When I say that those who ignore the lessons of history are bound to be impaled on it's blade, Siegrid is usually the one holding that blade." - Lucy
- "Like, no, I like totes am cool not following her around like one of them. I may like be Favored by her, but like, have you seen the company she keeps? She like, so seems like into being like wooed or like courted by like spooky as fuck Assamites. Give me like a shirtless Setitite like any day" - Karma
- "She is blood, and while our disagreements are many, that remains true. We may argue and battle against each other, but when the real enemy comes I can think of few I would rather have along for that battle." - Torben
- "Elder Siegrid is the perfect example of all the negative stereotypes that surround clan Brujah. Bare in mind that a sample of one is a poor sample size, so do not judge the whole clan by one Kindred; but there is something to be said for setting a better example." - Simon Kensington
- "It's worthwhile to remember that even enemies can adhere to custom and social standard. The Brujah and the Ventrue don't get along at all - but both honor and respect the Traditions and Prestation. At least she pays appropriately - even if she does so begrudgingly." - Simon Flint
- "Grandmother Siegrid? One minute she's all knitted sweaters, 'dear granddaughter' and 'here, let me teach you'- the next she could challenge the worst storm for howling fury. I mean, I usually deserve it, so there's that... but I still don't want to know what would happen if I ever made her truly angry with me." - Jade Ransen
- "This one, this one is not entirely unreasonable all the time. There are occasions where she can appear quite genial." - David
- "Siegrid is an imposing figure, one who's name strikes fear into the hearts of many. I find myself privileged to know the strong woman within, and to have learned much of courage and decisive action from working with her through the years." - Seamus Montague
- "Jeg husker da hun var ung. Jeg ser fortsatt glimt av den skapningen når hun mister hennes temperament." - Olaf
- "A Valkyrie on the battlefield, she chose me to continue fighting until the end of days. I will fulfill my purpose in her honor." - Egil Agmundr
- "Most Kindred are passionate about something. Some Kindred show Valor. Siegrid *is* passion and valor personified." - Grandmother Weaver
- "She's lead the most wonderfully exciting life, at least from the bits and snippets I've heard. I wouldn't dare to presume to know the whole story. In me, she would ever find an eager audience." - Claire Bradford
- "A terrifying force of nature. I do not say this out of fear, but respect for what she is capable of, and respect for her ability to maintain control of that force to utilize it with precision. If you should cross her path, I advise you to do the same." - Saharat
- "No, I'm not dating Siggi, er, Elder Siegrid. We're just friendly. She doesn't mind that I'm not always polite when I'm enthusiastic and I don't mind being the whispering auriga when she gets a bit too... final about things." - Lavinia MacDonald
- "I have yet to meet her face to face, but her reputation certainly precedes her. I am torn, however, on my opinion. On one hand, she is Aunt Mila's friend, and I am sure I may have knowm her growing up. On the other? She seems to have it out for Lord Kensington. This conflict is troubling, to say the least." - Julian Motgomery-Westwood
- "Few of her kind are capable of ascending beyond ancient grudges. She is clearly not one of them. But none-the-less, she is a worthy adversary, worthy of respect." - Gaius Cornelius Scipio
- "Respect the Elder who still feels humility. That Elder lives long for a reason, a good one. If you cannot find your moral compass, then you will find yourself lost to time. I often think the True North of her name is a promise of her virtue to herself." - Valeria Brunsvick
- "What an icy bitch." - Luke Breslin
- "I'd fight by her side any night and not a few days, too. Taught me everything I know about a battle axe. Damn, son, best compliment she ever gave one of my blood is swearing by a few old gods I cain't be Ventrue. Ha! She's a got-dang Valkyrie and if you ain't scared, you're too stupid to pour piss out a boot." - Tamara Rose Linden
- "You bet she got down with it, in her youth. She's been asleep for too long. I need to re-awaken the Valkyrie within." - Payback
- "Mistake not her forgiving temperament for weakness. Ice burns just as harshly as fire." - Salomé St. John
- "Siegrid? She is quite the sight to behold - I remember the first time I saw her being struck with the image of a primal element given flesh and form. Our friendship has lasted the tests of time, politics, and clan - may it remain for the ages to come. In the two of us, I see an opportunity to soothe the wounds of so long ago and finally bridge the divide." - Desmond Aldred
- "A fire burns within. It is for those who ache deep inside from hollowness, to learn how it will burn trembling hands that find the resolve to touch." - Numerius Villius Cursor
- "Odd, finding warmth in one that gives off such cold." - Ramon De La Benedicion
- "Siegrid, well. She's awesome. Like the weird.. cold grandma I never had. Seriously if I honestly have a "role model" to strive for, it is definitely her. She is also one of the only kindred that I would die for.. or get torp'd. Seriously.. I'll live for a little bit longer." - Juniper Durham
- "Siegrid is always a welcome company for myself; an ice that can destroy as well as any flame, and glitter as brilliantly as any gem. I enjoy our moments together, and always look forward to the next time our paths can cross." - Konstantin Rurik
- "Where Grandmother goes, the northern wind blows, cuts through the weak and all is laid bare." - Mischief
- "Elder Prince Siegrid is a voice of wisdom, compassion and justice - ideals rarely heard in these Modern Nights." - Dmytriy Álas
- "She is now standing at a precipice. If the death of an Elder Ventrue in her Domain doesn't spring her to action, what will? What shall we make of all these tall tales of fiery might and retribution?" - Thaddeus Moreau
- "Blood calls to blood, steel to steel, and fire to fire. Many will touch you in this life, but very few will forge you." - Augustin de Aragón
- "I'm not scared of you." - Malachi Salamanca
- "At war. Always at war, my Ice. If not a blade to face outward; inward, then. There is a time to draw steel, but equally a time to leave it. If I could accomplish one goal, I'd die in peace if I could teach you to love and leave war; even for a moment." - Rumi
- "Like the bear, you never want to be between her and her cubs. She has a lot of folks she considers her cubs." - Kevin Hagen
- "She damn near tore my arm off when she shook my hand! And that was just the first reason why I like her." - Winifred Harriet Mickel
- "I do not see why so many people call her cold or icy. She's warm and pleasant enough to me. Perhaps you are simply not doing it right." - Madeleine Tonnerre
- "Never am I so grateful for my grandsire as when I am talking to Elder Prince Seigrid. Not because I think that Irma will protect me, but because I have learned the ways in which true sovereigns wield words, and how to answer them." - Dottie Youngblood
- "I am reminded of the musings of Robert Frost on ice and fire. Siegrid is both, as I am. I would have much to learn from her, if only the eyes of the world would close that we could engage more freely... but it's never going to be that easy." - Jaguar
- "Another of my brethren who has known me for years and years, but who will likely have forgotten my face and name. I am suited to this, but all the same hope to be of use to her for she is as dear to my heart as she is to my Sire's. Time will tell, I think." - Aodhan the Druid
- "She is a force of nature. I can think of no better way to describe her than that." - Alenzia Komnenos
- "The universe is ceaselessly murmuring, and it is by listening to these murmurs that one hears the truth." - Agnese Giovanni di Calderari
- "In the eye of the storm, she remains in control. I suppose the rest of us should prepare." - Liam Kincaid
- "When I mentioned a precipice, I didn't mean the complete eradication of her honor and oath! I do so hate being right sometimes. But yes, I'll take that bet on her. Say... no more than ten years before she folds." - Addendum by Thaddeus Moreau
- "Sound the horn. Loose me. And we shall burn the world." - Valrbjørn
- "A wise man once said, 'Even great men bow before the Sun; it melts hubris into humility.' It is my hope that the Anarch Movement shows her such a sunrise. Sadly, I suspect she will simply become the next cautionary tale of Icarus..." - Diego Amador
These are characters and things that inspired this PC
|* - General Olivier Armstrong--Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood
|* - Erza Scarlet--Fairy Tale
|* - Bill Adama--Battlestar Gallactica
Songs that inspired this PC and continue to inspire
|* - Ripe Screaming Females
|* - Bartholomew The Silent Comedy
|* - Warriors Imagine Dragons
|* - Give it All Rise Against
RP Ties sought--Battle allies, Ventrue/Giovanni enemies/frenemies, debate partners, youth mentored, people who took up a call to arms to free Chicago while she was Prince, other people at the Chicago Blood Accord, etc! Feel free to email me!
|| Advocate of Chicago
|| House Agmundr
| OOC Information
|| Jennifer Brazas
|| Email Me
|| Chicago, IL
|| Mark H.
|| VST Contact info
You yourself die,
gods and gold die;
an honourable name will never die,
one which was won
by your own work
(Hávamál stanza 77)