Soheil Aurelius Shaykh Isfahani
Information Known by Kindred Society - RETIRED
Full Name: Haji Karbala'i Mashhadi Soheil Aurelius Shaykh Isfahani, Bacha'i Haqim
"Short" Name: Soheil Aurelius Shaykh Isfahani
Clan: Assamite (Vizier)
Social Class: Ancilla
Position(s): Servire to Archon Federico DiPadua
Notable Traits: One Eye
Known For: Antiquarianism, Diplomacy, Linguistics, Loremastery, Philanthropy, Scholarship
Country of Origin: Persia (17th Century)
Obsessive, yet Urbane, Antiquarian.
Soheil is essentially a truly stereotypical vizier; a scholar and advisor to his “betters”, he is polite, diplomatic and calm. His calm exterior, however, barely conceals an insatiably curious and obsessive mind, whether it be about the dining habits of the peasant classes in dynastic China, the orbital period of a comet, or the history and legends of an obscure bloodline, there is little that does not attract his attention and study.
A devout Shia Muslim, in life Soheil completed the Haj and the pilgrimages to Karbala and Mashhad, and further a respected scholar, theologian, Mulla, Imam, and Islamic juror in the Safavid Dynasty, upon his embrace he continued, and expanded, his scholarly studies. For the majority of his very long life, he lived in the middle east, and only permanently left it following the Assamite Schism. Over the course of his studies, he has traveled to many places, which included a decade long trip through India in the mid-18th century and he undertook multiple archaeological expeditions in the 19th and 20th centuries. When Ur-Shulgi awoke, unwilling to give up his faith in Allah, Shoeil joined with the Schismatics and fled to the Camarilla, taking his extensive library and collection of antiquities with him, eventually ending up in Phoenix, AZ in 2002, where he stood as Primogen of his clan to the Court of Phoenix, AZ until his elevation to Servire at the end of January 2019.
Timeline of Major Locations
- 1646 to 1696 – Isfahan, Persia (now Iran)
- 1696 to 1700 – Alamut
- 1701 to 1753 – Tabriz, Persia (now Iran)
- 1753 to 1763 – Various Locations, India
- 1764 to 1814 – Erbil, Ottoman Empire (now Iraq)
- 1814 to 1861 – Sulaymaniyah, Kurdish Baban (now Iraq)
- 1861 to 1862 – Tunis, Ottoman Tunisia
- 1863 to 1913 – Maragha, Persia (now Iran)
- 1913 to 1963 – Isfahan, Persia/Iran
- 1963 to 1999 – Tabriz, Iran
- 1999 to 2002 – Tunis, Tunisia
- 2002 to Current – Phoenix, AZ, USA
Known Allies & Associates
- Octavia Lyn
- Amir Isfahani Aurelius
- Ailis Cárthach
- Roman of House Dispar
- Alfaras Alquadim
- Desmond Aldred of House Everard
- Rikard Bouwman of House Everard
- The Countess, Lady Felicity Marie Abelard-Dawson of House Everard
- Professor Xavier Langston of House Everard
- Mila Rurik
- Grandmother Weaver
- Cecily Holgate
- Odchigin Abaga Khan
- Aaron Locke
- Valeria Brunsvick
- Gunnvaldr Graysson
- Jack Holloway
- Gregory Hamilton, an associate of some skill
- Lincoln dee Saint-Aubin aka "Link"
- Chase Sexton
- Thomas Gunn
- Eddie Starr
- Samantha Amador
- Pollux Xenos
- James Parcell
- Soheil once managed the now closed Zachary's Exclusive Rare Antiques in Iran.
- Soheil studied law under the tutelage of one of the greatest legal scholars of Clan Assamite.
- Soheil has unusually close ties with the Ventrue of House Everard.
- Despite his demonstrated preference for "classical" works, Soheil has a truly impressive collection of Bollywood films.
- Soheil was present at the negotiations which led to the Viziers becoming a Pillar Clan.
- Soheil enjoys playing both chess and go, and has been playing a series of long distance games with a Ventrue Elder for nearly 200 years.
- Soheil has a strained relationship with the Nosferatu of Phoenix, as they blame him for the embrace of Octavia Lyn.
- Soheil was present during the negotiations for the Chicago Blood Accords.
- Your rumor here.
- Your rumor here.
- "Allah blessed me when he showed this man to me. This man was blessed when I found him." - Roman
- "Were it not for a twist of fate Soheil and I would be even closer. I am grateful for his lessons and I ardently hope that one day I might be able to take the role of teacher." - Xavier Langston
- "Our introductions were... awkward to say the least. However, in the intervening years, I've come to trust Soheil as both a friend and an advisor." - Rikard Bouwman
- "A talented scholar and a man of honour. It saddens me the rift between our clans is too great." - Seamus Montague
- "Shaykh Isfahani is a singular Kindred. His knowledge and ability belie his standing in the Tower - there are Elders worth less than this Ancilla." - Ailis Cárthach
- "A talented scholar, a wonderful adventurer, and a perfect kindred of magnificent etiquette. The tower will certainly florish in the nights of his ascension to Elder. He is the future and every example of what younger kindred could aspire to become. He banishes the stereotype of piety being a bad thing." - Valeria Brunsvick
- "سهيل وأنا يمكن أن تنفق الكثير من الموضوعات ليلة مناقشة تحت القمر والشمس وأنا لن تفقد الاهتمام. أنا أستمتع بالعمل معه ولن تدمر الصداقة الحميمة." - Pollux Xenos
- "Shaykh Isfahani is proof that the pen is mightier than the sword." Enyo
- "He is a blessing in the lives of those he meets. May we pray again? I am in need of wisdom." - Tamara Rose Linden
- "Mr. Soheil is a man of understanding. It is an admirable trait that requires discipline and knowledge. I believe this is his greatest asset." - James Parcell
- "Your quote here." - Your Name Here
Player: Bryan Lee Briggs - US2016010036
Player Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Storyteller: Wade Yorke
Storyteller Email: email@example.com
Location: Phoenix, AZ