The Country of Morocco
This is a MES National Storyteller's Office Wiki. Do not edit it without permission.
The northern coast of Africa, facing the Mediterranean, has traditionally been more Westernized than the rest of the continent. Many resorts exist here, attracting cruise ships and tourists of all kinds. The country is under contention by four different groups, see below.
The city of Casablanca is the largest in the country, as well as one of the largest and most important cities in Africa, both economically and demographically. Though the city has been under the rule of different mortal countries throughout the centuries, the Followers of Set have always managed to be it's shadow rulers. It is considered to be the Clan's greatest seat of power outside of their ancestral home of Egypt. Since the formation of the Independent Alliance, many Giovanni have made the city their home. Casablanca is ruled by Doyen Aimery de Versey.
For many years, the city of Marrakesh was controlled by the Sea of Shadows by way of the Lasombra Don Ibrahim. After the Anarch Revolt and the formation of the Sabbat, Don Ibrahim ruled the city as Archbishop. When he met his untimely end in 1999, the Sabbat in the city fell to chaos. The Ashirra took advantage of this, and quickly ran out the remnants of the Sword of Caine (who retreated to Rabat) and installed their own Sultan, Usama ibn Jabar.
The darker side of Morocco is that covens of Sabbat, specifically the Lasombra, thrive here under the nose of the rest. Led by the charismatic Archbishop Ferrari, the Keepers have managed to utilize shipping interests in the country to strike at their nemesis. The capital city of Rabat is ruled by Archbishop Ferrari
The Camarilla have near absolute control of Tangier via the Toreador who dominate the city. Tangier has long been considered (since the beginning of the 20th century) one of the most stylish resort areas on the Barbary Coast. Considered an "international city," it has its own laws and administration, part of and yet separate from Morocco's government. Because of this, it has always attracted an odd mixture of expatriates, exiles and refugees. Tangier is ruled by Prince Violetta
- 1755: Aimery de Versey (NPC) becomes the Ruler of Casablanca.
- 2012: With the formation of the Independent Alliance, Aimery de Versey begins to rule under the title of "Doyen".
- 1123: Don Ibrahim (NPC) becomes the Prince of Marrakesh.
- 1493: Don Ibrahim pledges himself to the Sabbat, taking the title of Archbishop.
- 1999: Following the death of Don Ibrahim to unknown assailants, Usama ibn Jabar (NPC) of the Ashirra takes control of the city, ruling as Sultan.
- 1500: Ferrari (NPC) becomes the Archbishop of Rabat
- 1923: Violetta (NPC) becomes the Prince of Tangier.
Elsewhere in Morocco
Vampires of Note
The following vampires of note have visited or resided in this location:
- Don Ibrahim (NPC): Lasombra, Sabbat
- Prince and later Archbishop of Marrakesh from 1123 CE to 1999 CE.
- Usama ibn Jabar (NPC): Brujah, Ashirra
- Sultan of Marrakesh from 1999 CE to present.
- Ferrari (NPC): Lasombra, Sabbat
- Archbishop of Rabat from 1500 CE to present.
- Aimery de Versey (NPC): Follower of Set, Independent Alliance
- Ruler and later Doyen of Casablanca from 1755 CE to present.
- Violetta (NPC): Toreador, Camarilla
- Prince of Tangier from 1923 CE to present.
- Carden d'Vergobret
- Traveled in and out of Morocco, opposing Ventrue and Roman interests, from 25 BCE to 476 CE.
- Konstantin Rurik
- Resided in Tangiers, part of the local Court, from 1265 to 1550.
- Mila Rurik
- Resided in Tangiers, as a member of the local Vampire Court, from 1300 to 1540.
- Returned to the Vampire Court of Tangiers from 1750 to 1800.
- Etienne Oumar Ezeazu
- Resided in Marrakesh from 1327 to 1355.
- Resided in Marrakesh from 1372 to 1390.
- Resided in Tangiers from 1390 to 1407.
- Resided in Tangiers and helped found 'The Citadel' from 1390 to 1405.
- Pau Lamarca
- Resided in Tangiers for business from 1750 to 1800.
- Feng Bai Hu
- Joined House Zekeriya as a negotiator in Tangiers in 1810.
- Resided in Morocco intercepting large gems and relics bring smuggled through the country from 1936 to 1939.
- Torpor in Morocco from 1939 to 1946.
- Paulina Bouc
- Resided in Tangiers, avoiding kindred politics, from 2000 to 2009.
- Makes occasional forays into Casablanca and Marrakesh.