This is a MES National Storyteller's Office Wiki. Do not edit it without permission.
The Alamut is the headquarters of the Assamite clan. It's location is a closely guarded secret. It is a mountain fortress, so that does narrow down possible locations somewhat. The head of the Assamite clan is thus sometimes referred to as "The Old Man of the Mountain" as he controls Alamut. Reportedly a Nosferatu spy discovered the location of Alamut sometime during the Anarch Revolt. This discovery was part of the reason the Assamites chose to surrender and submit to the Tremere curse, rather than allow outsiders to attack and invade their home.
The Black Throne of Haqim allegedly rose out of the ground when Haqim drove his spear into the solid rock. He built Alamut around it. The spear is still embedded in the throne. Several prophesies about Gehenna mention Caine ruling from a Black Throne. It is unknown if this is the same throne.
The central vault is a large open area within Alamut, carved out of the living rock of the mountain. Looking up into the vault will reveal the night sky... despite being underground. The vault does not open to the actual outside, but somehow mysteriously allows viewing of the stars. The stars shift through the seasons, mirroring the outside world. Whether the stars are visible even during the day is unknown.
The Heartsblood of the clan is a great magical well filled with vitae from all the Assamites that have ever visited Alamut. The primary use for the well is to allow sorcerers to use sorcery on their clanmates. A ritual allows them to draw a sample of a specific vampire's vitae from the well, which may be used to affect them with sorcery from affar. It is believed Ur-Shulgi used the Heartsblood as a focus for breaking the Tremere curse on the clan.
After Ur-Shugli awoke in 2009, he has destroyed the Eldest Jamal, and has begun to purge those of the Clan who he believes to have strayed from their purpose. This schism has driven many Assamites from the Alamut, and they will likely never return while the Methuselah remains as the disputed "Herald of Haqim" and in control of the fortress.
Character Background Restrictions:
- Only Assamites may have backgrounds in this location.
Vampires of Note
The following vampires of note have visited or resided in this location:
- Stanislav Halfdan
- Resided in Alamut under accounting from 810 to 910.
- Resided in Alamut from 990 to 1020.
- Resided in Alamut from 1320 to 1391.
- Rā's Al-Tanin
- Resided in Alamut from 1567 to 1745.
- Resided in Alamut assisting and advising on seek & destroy missions and expeditionary missions from 1745 to 1924.
- Soheil Aurelius Shaykh Isfahani
- Resided within the Alamut for his initial training from 1696 to 1700.
- Visited the Alamut once every 7 years for 3 to 6 months from 1701 to 1995.
- Bryson Cobb
- Resided in Alamut with his regnant during the 1730s.
- Resided in Alamut with his regnant, and received the Embrace during the 1870s.
- Husam al-Din
- Resided in Alamut from 1970 to 1974.
- Resided in Alamut translating scrolls for senior Viziers from 1990 to 2000.