From Mind's Eye Society 2017 Wiki
Name: Winifred Harriet Mickel
- Has an indistinguishable "Southern" accent
- Is a Sharpshooter/Trick Shot Performer and has toured in both historical Western Shows and Modern Rodeos.
- Has a deep appreciation for Horses, Guns, and Whiskey
Winifred Harriet Mickel is a live performance enthusiast who believes that nearly anything that attracts an audience can be considered Art. She has performed in a myriad of side shows, carnival acts, and circus shows including Buffalo Bill’s Wild West Touring Show (VIP Pending). An expert sharpshooter and cowgirl, she toured for a number of years and decided to settle in California around the height of the Gold Rush. She saw opportunity in creating “Saloon Shows” which combined a form of Burlesque with slapstick-style comedy and became a mainstay in the Elixir Saloon. After the 1906 Quake, she facilitated arrangements to bring performance back into San Francisco in the 1915 World’s Faire. Her Praxis began in 1974 after San Francisco was reclaimed by the Camarilla from the Anarchs.
From 1944 to 1974, the Anarchs held the City bringing in revolutionary ideas fueled by the influx of drugs from the Followers of Set. The Beat Generation, the Summer of Love, and rise of communes and nudist colonies created a new reputation for the City by the Bay. As Prince, "Winnie" Mickel learned to capitalize on these movements while steering the City toward a more orderly direction. The artistic energy was siphoned into galleries and concert venues with the collaboration of all local clans. Under her reign, the City became a beacon of new ideas and technology.
- Pre-1826- There are some stories here Winifred may or may not tell you.
- 1826- Winnie is ghouled and taken to England by her sire to learn "proper" Theatre. Though she is a quick study in performance technique, she always incorporated a tough, unorthodox style in her craft due to her backwoods upbringing.
- 1831- Winnie is embraced.
- 1833- Feeling that England is too refined and confining to her tastes, Winnie moves back to the United States, settles in New York City. Starts to hear about the formation of Freak Shows, Sideshows, and Carnivals. Is part of a “Wheel of Death” act in which knives are thrown at her while she is tied to a rotating board.
- 1849-Tours to San Francisco with a “Menagerie Show” (early version of a circus) as a magician's assistant and decides to stay in San Francisco, created “Saloon Shows” which combined a form of Burlesque with slapstick-style comedy and became a mainstay in the Elixir Saloon. Adopts Cowgirl persona that prevails to this day.
- 1885-Gets recruited as a Trick Shooter and “Ranchera” for a Traveling Western Show (Buffalo Bill Wild West Show-Pending VIP)
- 1890- Returns to San Francisco, buys a horse ranch to maintain her Western act.
- 1944- Arach Uprising, Camarilla loses control of SF (BNS Book pp. 32)
- 1974- Is part of the effort to drive out the Anarch control of San Francisco, Claims Praxis. The Beat Generation, the Summer of Love, and rise of communes and nudist colonies created a new reputation for the City by the Bay. Prince Mickel learned to capitalize on these movements while steering the City toward a more orderly direction. The artistic energy was siphoned into galleries and concert venues with the collaboration of all local clans. Under her reign, the City became a beacon of new ideas and technology (Domain of Myst VSS Timeline).
- 1978- Winifred embraces Ignacio Jose Ortega, a Matador from Spain (NPC).
- 2013- San Francisco, a Hunter attack known as, “The Third Wave” strikes (Myst VSS Timeline), Prince Mickel, while mourning the death of her Childer, Ignacio, frantically desired to make an aggressive move toward the Hunters. She made a public announcement to all Kindred, demanding for them to kill ALL their mortal connections. The Primogen, outraged at this, voted to take Praxis away from impassioned Prince Mickel. An Elder Bruja, Amyntas, immediately took the opportunity to claim Praxis and restore order in the face of this terrifying Hunter threat. Winifred retreated to her ranch home in Eureka, cutting herself off from local society to mourn all her losses.
- 2017- Winnifred starts to reacclimate into local Kindred society.
*Feel Free to add yourself here.
*Rumors to be added here.
“The next best thing to being clever is being able to quote someone who is.”– Mary Pettibone Poole
"Every time I see something about the Wild West, I'm reminded that our version of history may not be what really happened."-James McBride
"Why was parading people who had exceptional skill in shooting, roping, horse taming, and cattle driving considered Art? Now, to understand the answer to this, I will need to explain the most dominant subcategories of Art: Highbrow and Lowbrow. Highbrow requires a shared culture or education to understand. Let’s go with comedy as an example: Highbrow Comedy would be Oedipus Rex talking to Sigmund Freud. The reason this is High Brow is that it would be assumed that the audience has the education and awareness to know who both of those figures are and what they did in order to find that situation funny. Lowbrow Art requires little to no education to understand. Looking again toward comedy, it is something simple as a fart joke. Most people instinctively find it funny when air passes through someone’s butt cheeks making a sound like a baritone harmonica."~Winifred Harriet Mickel
"After the earthquake, San Francisco’s infrastructure lay in ruins. Whenever you marvel at the jewel that this city has become, thank Winnifred. " ~ Don Vittorio Cuoronero
"I don't have much experience with Toreador, but she's far from what I expected. You could call it pleasantly surprised. Time will tell if that impression sticks." - Joshua Blanc
"I have known her since my first coming to America. She was seemingly as wild as the west back then and has always captivated me with her passion and American spirit." - Sébastien Delacroix
"I have been asked once why I allowed Winifred to live, given that I seized her praxis. The answer I gave was a look that promised violence, but the truth is that she ruled wisely and well for decades. She is a creature of dedication and extreme proficiency. It does not undo her excellence, it does not erase half of century of thoughtfulness and peace. If I had killed her just because I supplanted her, then I would indeed be the pathetic one and we all, I believe, would lose more than we have coin to pay." - Amyntas
"I've been watching Winnie for over 150 years. Her integrity never ceases to amaze me." ~ Machicoulis
"Voltaire said, 'It is forbidden to kill; therefore all murderers are punished unless they kill in large numbers and to the sound of trumpets' and I can think of no epithet more deserving of her art; but, we have both lost heart, and in our mutual grief, we have made peace with what we aren't." ~ Elend Valentine
"Winifred is a Kindred of outrageous passion, and with it she ruled as a just Prince who cultivated San Francisco into the city it is today. However, as often happens, one can be burnt by their own flaming emotions and find only sorrow and heartache. I understand these feelings all too well. Mistakes made in the heat of passion do not diminish the size of our accomplishments and Winifred's endurance and continued strive for excellence serve as testament to this fact." ~ Asher Meier
"Winnie is an amazing soul that I have been fortunate enough to meet. No judgement. No attitude in my direction. No assumptions that have been voiced. I enjoy her company immensely. And yet ANOTHER reason to visit San Francisco." ~ Pollux Xenos
"Quote by Character." ~ Character Name
*Feel Free to add anything fun.
Player: Tanya Telson
Character: Winifred Mickel
Player: Tanya Telson
MES Number: US201305248
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Coding provided by Randi H.
All Photos have their owners specified in the filenames, if applicable.